Bloody courier bashed my Quad II!

All general audio posts go here.
slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: Bloody courier bashed my Quad II!

Unread post by slinger »

antonio66 wrote:Having sent a few packages using Parcelforce in the last 6 months I have had no complaints from recipients so no complaints on that score. They have however. on 2 occasions posted the 'we called card' through the door when I have been in and expecting the delivery so listening out for the bell to ring. What's that all about!
We've had exactly the same problem with Parcelforce. I'm expecting a parcel, I don't leave the house, I don't play any music or have the telly on, I hear a card come through the door saying "we called but you were out." Once I actually heard the card get delivered and opened the door to find the delivery man giving my parcel to a neighbour. If I heard a card slipping through my door I'm bloody sure I'd have heard my doorbell.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

BillyBones
Great Britain

Unread post by BillyBones »

More and more these days courier companies are using Owner Drivers rather than contracted salaried staff (like myself). These owner drivers get paid per stop, so you wont find many of them trying 3 or 4 neighbours to get a package delivered if the recipient is not in. The company will tell you they should do, but in reality the majority don't, and back to the depot it goes, awaiting a reattempt the next day, and the owner driver gets paid again!

Personally, I go the extra mile when it comes to getting a delivery made, but I know for sure some of my fellow workmates don't.

So yes, some are C---S, but don't lump me in with them.

Andrew
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Andrew »

jammy395 wrote:COURIERS ARE CNUTS........And the worst thing you can possibly do is stick a fragile label on anything......They will only kick it around like a football. :twisted:

Completely agree. Every time I've slapped "Fragile" tape on anything, some cretin from further down the evolutionary chain has had a go at it. I'd like to get my hands on them and show them what Fragile means :angry-fire:

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

BillyBones wrote:
So yes, some are C---S, but don't lump me in with them.
Should have picked a nice quiet, safe, job, like Traffic Warden. :lol: We know you're not one of "them" but the trouble is there are a lot of "them" around to tarnish the rep of your job. If it's any consolation I worked for BT (I actually joined The Post Office) for 20+ years on the engineering side in the City of London and in my time in the field I got blamed for everything from an electric kettle not working to the price of postage stamps. :lol:
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X