A way to make money owning a hi-fi forum.

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

A way to make money owning a hi-fi forum.

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Be like ebay, or a rep, make a commission on sales organised through the forum. But not ordinary sales like as a retailer or even eBay but something that does the job better. My idea is obviously a version of the loan scheme run here, but in this case run by the forum itself and not the manufacturer, so no organiser from that manufacturer as we had with Dave at TAS.

The Tao (way / path)
There is a problem it seems to get trade to sign up for a loan scheme, so don't ask them to, make it based on the initiative of the forum member. They want to try something so they make a request thread and get the forum owner (or forum appointed organiser) to initiate contact with the manufacturer or a retailer who is willing to supply it. The member has to pay for fully insured shipping to him (and back if no sale), a thread is created to chronicle the loan and the results. No sale no one loses, if a sale is made from the loan then a commission (my advice would be 10% of sale value) is paid to the forum owner. If a loan can't be arrange then the member can look elsewhere to find a suitable product.

There is possibility of it even applying to members second hand sales as advertised through the forum.

Not sure it is applicable here, but very applicable to Wigwam, PFM and TAS, and maybe even AoS.

jimbob
Great Britain

Re: A way to make money owning a hi-fi forum.

Unread post by jimbob »

This is a good idea and I can see the possibility of it being quite successful for the right person.
Squeezebox Touch - Cambridge Audio Azur (pre) - Mycetias 250A Power Amp - Mycetias V2 Speakers