New Headphones

All general audio posts go here.
antonio66
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New Headphones

Unread post by antonio66 »

Having purchased a AP10H last year, slight second,at a good price I needed a pair of headphones. Remembering a good review on PSB's I also purchased a pair of these. I had been reasonably happy with this combo when looking at ebay I put in a bid for a pair of Audeze LCD 2's, expecting it to be easily beaten. Low and behold I won. While waiting for delivery I saw a pair of Sennheiser HD700's at a good price (new unwanted present) and having a 15% discount voucher from ebay purchased these also. The LCD's duly arrived and sounded better than the PSB's, they should do costing 3 or 4 times the price. I then received the HD700's and straight out of the box simply blew away the Audeze. So much pace, clarity and emotion. The bass is fast and articulate and not overpowering (I thought the LCD's were let down by the bass). They are so light and comfortable I can easily wear them for 4 hours plus with no fatigue. They have also brought out the best of the AP10H since I have had the chance to compare against the headphone output of a Sony F770ES which is no slouch. I know headphones are a very personnel thing but I can heartily recommend the HD700's.

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New Headphones

Unread post by jammy395 »

Aye Ant the HD700's are fine cans for the dosh. :clap:
And would be an ideal match for the AP10h. :dance: