Denon DA-300USB DAC Review

All general audio posts go here.
MK1LN4E:)
Has thanked: 0

Re: Denon DA-300USB DAC Review

Unread post by MK1LN4E:) »

As far as i can see it's an elv product, so the class will be on the power supply. Box within a box class 2 more than likely. The actual DAC has no dangerous parts within it so has no requirements for class identication, but does have supply requirements.
AP90SA, TSS, A80, LS6, LS7, Cube 1, Royd Abbot, Ssp mk1,Mk 2, cyrus CD7, Cyrus psxr, Fons CQ30 sme 3009 tone arm, technics sl150, Ortofon blue MM, phono 2 plus second power supply, AP10P, Cube 3, LS3.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Even the seat you are sitting on needs a CE mark, are you saying this is exempt, if so you are mistaken. It has precisely nothing to do with dangerous parts it has to complying with rules.

ELV is the definition of the International Electrotechnical Commission not the EU regulations which are built into UK law. As I said this unit is most likely to be ClassIII but that legally has to be shown. If I supply a power supply for a non compliant item I am also breaking the law. There needs to be some education done about this on the forums. The ignorance to the LDR EU rules has shown me how ignorant they are.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

You should all realise why equipment is built to be used with a walmart (wall plug) power supply. The only reason is cheapness of construction and to get around EU CE and safety rules applied to product with PROPER power supplies.

It is a scam and there are more and more of them. My recommendation is for Hi-Fi is if they can't be bothered or don't want to do the job properly then don't buy it. ALL walmart / plug type power supplies are crap. For non music purposes they can be fine, but not for Hi-Fi.

Philidor
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Philidor »

Now here is a DAC with a proper power supply. Audio-GD DAC-19

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Here is what my Hegel HD12 looks like on the inside. I have the impression that the PSU is pretty hefty. :grin:

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ