Internet Radio

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Internet Radio

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Not just any internet radio, you have to search for the good feeds.

Anyway it is just about all I listen to. I had a couple of TT days (nearly a week) but I am back on internet radio. I suppose my position is pretty unique, unless I am out, or snoozing or on holiday or eating, I am working and playing or browsing the web. It has become been a real bind changing records and even changing CDs while I am working it is PITA. ALSO having someone else with good taste deciding what to play for you is good. I stare at my records stare at my CDs - decisions decisions, with IR (internet radio) I just work, play, watch (cricket) and listen.

This was all new to me and I thank Proggy and RichB / brit-pop for putting me on to it by telling me about Radio Paradise and their Naim feed and Fretless for Radio Swiss Classic, I share my listening between them.

brit-pop
Been thanked: 0

Re: Internet Radio

Unread post by brit-pop »

Don't forget Linn radio broadcasting in 320k. A good mix of stuff from their labels and channels for jazz, classical and assorted.

Also worth a look is Soma FM, again listener supported, mostly electronic music content but there's a variety of styles on there. Groove Salad And Beat Blender make nice background listening

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Decisions decisions, I don't want more choice, I am really happy with what I have, and to attach myself to anything with the name Linn on would not be possible. For me it is like saying spend some time enjoying the third Reich.

brit-pop

I'm the same way with Naim.

I think we really have to separate the hifi from the music labels though. The Linn and Naim labels have some excellent artists and contact.

I'm not a fan of B&W either but their Society of Sound download club is worth the annual subscription I pay for Hi rez classical and world music output from the LSO and Real World studios respectively.

BillyBones
Great Britain

Unread post by BillyBones »

Linn Radio is a high quality feed, it's just a shame the actual music is pretty cack.

BBC stations aside, I listen mainly to Radio Paradise and have done so for nearly 5 years now, it's what my Squeezebox Touch was made for.

I also like a bit of a US station Pyschedelic Jukebox now and again when I want some 60's Psych. It tends to keep the rest of the family out of the front room.

BillyBones
Great Britain

Looks like Radio Paradise may have bit the dust. Not been on air since yesterday morning. A quick glance on their Facebook page suggests that new royality charges may have done for them, a free station who exist solely on listener donations.

I hope it's just a temporary thing. RP has been part of my life for over 6 years now and it's been my go to radio station. No adverts, no timechecks, no inane DJ waffle, just an eclectic mix of music. Gutted.

brit-pop

BillyBones wrote:Looks like Radio Paradise may have bit the dust. Not been on air since yesterday morning. A quick glance on their Facebook page suggests that new royality charges may have done for them, a free station who exist solely on listener donations.

I hope it's just a temporary thing. RP has been part of my life for over 6 years now and it's been my go to radio station. No adverts, no timechecks, no inane DJ waffle, just an eclectic mix of music. Gutted.
Still working via the android app but yes, the new royalties rules might be fatal to them.

If they had to go to a purely subscription service to survive then I'd support them.

BillyBones
Great Britain

Yes, looks like it's just come back on for me too. How long for though I wonder.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

There's an open letter to David Byrne and some more info here... http://www.radioparadise.com/rp_2.php?# ... file=byrne
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X