The Tape Project

All general audio posts go here.
selby
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The Tape Project

Unread post by selby »

My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

Lindsayt
Nauru

Re: The Tape Project

Unread post by Lindsayt »

I've bought a couple of albums from the Tape Project. Champagne listening at vintage champagne prices.

I went through a period of picking up master tapes, live recordings and radio broadcast tapes, which were less expensive than the Tape Project tapes but still at the sort of prices that make tape collecting a millionaire's game. These days I'm happy to slum it by picking up 20 CD's for 15 quid at car boot sales.

The best sounding recording I have is probably a 2 Track 1/4" 15 ips Little John dub master tape.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

One thing about owning a decent tape machine and some master tapes / master tape copies is that it allows you to play hi-fi oneupmanship where you can look at a system like this...
Sources: Aurender s10 digital storage, player and Tidal streamer, Squeezebox Transporter
DCS Verdi disk transport (not spun a disk in almost a year!)
Digital processing: DCS Scarlatti upsampler, masterclock and DAC (Vivaldi stack on order as replacement
Custom
BVA Masterclock based on Oscilloquartz BVA oscillator
Preamp: Ayre KXR
Poweramps: Halcro DM88 monoblocks
Speakers: YG Anat Reference
Subwoofer
Wilson Watchdog mk 2

Read more: http://theaudiostandard.net/thread/1363 ... z3njX0ZRv5
... and say, with some confidence, that you have a better sounding system at about 5% of the cost. :twocents-02cents:

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Spot on Lindsay - That Aurender cnut is the biggest willy waving twat in hifi fora land.....Marco pales into insignificance besides such a knobber.
:lol: :clap: :dance:

Sold his ferrari to get his system you know....... :obscene-moneypiss: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

$450 for a tape, kinell, I think I'll stick to my records!
Do love those machines though, very cool.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol: