Origin Live

All general audio posts go here.
Progmeister
Great Britain

Origin Live

Unread post by Progmeister »

Anyone here dealt much with origin Live? Only i have phoned this guy a couple of times and he seems most unhelpful. I phoned him on Wednesday to ask him about a problem i was having with a tonearm and he was rude enough to tell me that he was very busy and more or less binned me off. I don't think i'll be dealing with him again or indeed buying anymore of his stuff. :angry-fire: :angry-steamingears:
People turn to poison quick as lager turns to piss,,,J.C. Clarke.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Re: Origin Live

Unread post by Classicrock »

The owner (Mark Baker) has a reputation for this sort of thing. Can be a problem if you have a faulty product. Try the on-line query facility on his web site and see if you get an answer.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Firebug1
Finland

Unread post by Firebug1 »

I have exchanged couple e-mails with them. Got answers to my questions without personal rudeness.
Rega by Michael Lim\Teac\ASR\NVA\
SA Mantra30\Audeze LCD-2 closed.
...the Gods you worship are steel, at the altar of rock 'n' roll you kneel...

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

He makes existing products worse in order to fool the unwary that they're getting a 'better' sound and charges accordingly. The finish on his products isn't always good either.

You want the ultimate Rega based arm? Get a Michell techno-arm, which is properly made and finished, with final assembly done by Rega themselves. As for 'better' arms, The Jelco based models, including the recently discovered (by me) Isokentic Melody 750 model, which has Jelco authorised mods done in manufacture, would be a far better bet IME.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

That Isokinetic looks similar to the Marco Ortofon for a relatively small sum. Plenty of alternate arm choices to Origin Live products with better finish and a high reputation for backup service. They always get good reviews though if that means a jot these days. The upper models appear to have moved away from Rega but at the high asking prices would feel safer with SME in terms of long term ownership.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:He makes existing products worse in order to fool the unwary that they're getting a 'better' sound and charges accordingly. The finish on his products isn't always good either.

You want the ultimate Rega based arm? Get a Michell techno-arm, which is properly made and finished, with final assembly done by Rega themselves. As for 'better' arms, The Jelco based models, including the recently discovered (by me) Isokentic Melody 750 model, which has Jelco authorised mods done in manufacture, would be a far better bet IME.
:puke-left:

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Can you back that emoticon with actual proof and reasoning from your own personal experience?
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Nigel
Wales

Unread post by Nigel »

Send your Rega tonearms to Audio Origami. That's what I did with my RB300.
Technics SL1210 (Timestep power supply, Mike New Bearing) Audio Origami RB300 / Dynavector DV10x5
Pioneer DVD300 / Topping E30 or AAAA5 cd player.
Audio Innovations Series 500
Heco Direkt Einklang
Headphones - Musical Fidelity A1 / AKG K1000

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:Can you back that emoticon with actual proof and reasoning from your own personal experience?
the emojy as my daughter calls them signified you regurgitating the same old prejudices and bias at any available opportunity .

As for evidence , I give you the entire back catalogue of your posts . ;)

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

How condescending! I have first hand experience to back up what I post. How much experience do YOU have in these matters? Disagree with me by all means, but I don't need the patronising sarcasm thank you :(