Origin Live

All general audio posts go here.
Nigel
Wales

Re: Origin Live

Unread post by Nigel »

Play nicely, folks

I have no experience outside Linn and Rega arms.
Technics SL1210 (Timestep power supply, Mike New Bearing) Audio Origami RB300 / Dynavector DV10x5
Pioneer DVD300 / Topping E30 or AAAA5 cd player.
Audio Innovations Series 500
Heco Direkt Einklang
Headphones - Musical Fidelity A1 / AKG K1000

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

Analogue?
Glad I'm out of it. ;)
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:How condescending! I have first hand experience to back up what I post. How much experience do YOU have in these matters? Disagree with me by all means, but I don't need the patronising sarcasm thank you :(
:lol:

well perhaps you should have posted your evidence instead of slagging of Mr baker on behalf of rega .

also ffs cut it out with the definitive statements . just because it is what you think does not make it a fact .

Macca
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Macca »

I asked someone who should know what he is talking about what arm he would recommend for an SL1200 and the answer was 'Audiomods'.

I think they are about a grand so more than I would personally want to hoike on a tonearm, but if I did that is what I would go for.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Nigel wrote:Send your Rega tonearms to Audio Origami. That's what I did with my RB300.
Indeed J7 is a top guy who will not rip you off.

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Daniel Quinn wrote:
_D_S_J_R_ wrote:How condescending! I have first hand experience to back up what I post. How much experience do YOU have in these matters? Disagree with me by all means, but I don't need the patronising sarcasm thank you :(
:lol:

well perhaps you should have posted your evidence instead of slagging of Mr baker on behalf of rega .

also ffs cut it out with the definitive statements . just because it is what you think does not make it a fact .
Do I HAVE to substantiate EVERYTHING I say that you appear not to know anything about with lengthy documented evidence as 'proof?' You blindly accept what the Doc tells you it seems, but where decades of turntable arm and cartridge experience is concerned, you whack it to one side as if I'm an audio newbie/numpty with no knowledge or experience at all!

Right, Origin Live were one of the first Rega-tonearm rebuilders I believe and the products of theirs I've seen are NOT very well presented or finished. I'm not alone in this experience either as another dealer and a HFW reviewer confirmed to me on AOS a while ago. I do nothing on behalf of Rega, as their sales manager Paul Darwin, who I've worked with, would easily be able to speak for himself and the company that employs him. The OL products have been reviewed in HFW and although the products sound 'exciting' to the reviewers, this is because of the dire resonances the bodges build in (deliberately?).

More important than any points-scoring by DQ, the comments about other really good arms under a grand being out there has been confirmed and I gave an example or two. What other products would YOU recommend DQ?

I rest my case.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Gentlemen - both rest you case, I really don't want to adjudicate. Just keep the word *YOU* out of it and state opinion, information or facts.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Buy this and then shut up about tone arms as you wont need to talk about them again - from when they knew how to build tonearms for a sensible price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TECHNICA-AT-1 ... 43e2610e8e If you need the extra weight speedysteve will make it.

This or a Neat G20 and forget about it. Especially Rega

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

BTW had a brief listen (Holst Planet Suite) to applemarcs big SME TT with a Graham arm and Koetsu cart. Didn't know the cart involved while listening or I would probably have displayed prejudice. Sounded very nice, not a bit dry as expected, lucid plenty of emotional content, sorry but just a fraction of note wobble. I can understand how this has become a LP12 upgrade.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Is the Origin Live Enterprise any good? Or is it a Captain's Log of a tonearm?