Origin Live

All general audio posts go here.
applemarc
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Origin Live

Unread post by applemarc »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:BTW had a brief listen (Holst Planet Suite) to applemarcs big SME TT with a Graham arm and Koetsu cart. Didn't know the cart involved while listening or I would probably have displayed prejudice. Sounded very nice, not a bit dry as expected, lucid plenty of emotional content, sorry but just a fraction of note wobble. I can understand how this has become a LP12 upgrade.
To confirm my upgrade from a LP12/Ittok Asak T was to a Roksan Xerxes /SME V Koetsu Rosewood then to the SME 20 SME V Koetsu Rosewood and then SME 30 SME V Koetsu Jade Platinum.
The Graham arm came in last year. All these where bought new except the SME 30 which I bought for £4500.00 when everybody seemed to be selling off there turntables to buy CD players ie (perfect sound forever)

I do think the Roksan Xerxers and the Touraj Moghaddam Signature are better than the LP12
Beresford Caiman Ipod

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Lindsayt wrote:Is the Origin Live Enterprise any good? Or is it a Captain's Log of a tonearm?
Dunno. Perhaps you should boldly go and find out.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Progmeister
Great Britain

Unread post by Progmeister »

Well, that went well!
People turn to poison quick as lager turns to piss,,,J.C. Clarke.

Progmeister
Great Britain

I have an OL Encounter and it is rather good. It's just the attitude of the guy i don't like. I will be voting with my feet.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Origin Live.............

Still install fukin nightmares.

Dont do it. :naughty:

Progmeister
Great Britain

say again Jammy so i understand?
jammy395 wrote:Origin Live.............

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Macca wrote:I asked someone who should know what he is talking about what arm he would recommend for an SL1200 and the answer was 'Audiomods'.

I think they are about a grand so more than I would personally want to hoike on a tonearm, but if I did that is what I would go for.
They are nowhere near a grand and are a bloody good arm, I had two, a mk4 and a mk5. A non-micrometer, silver wired mk5 costs £675. They are made by a bloke in Deal Kent who is really helpful.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

paskinner

Unread post by paskinner »

Turntable/arm debate! For some reason they seem the most passionate/divisive. I use an SME30-12, and have done for years. Before then I used the standard SME 30, certainly never heard a trace of speed instability, ever, with these decks; but if you let the belt or spindle get dirty, it's going to become possible.
For me, the essential 'divide' is between sprung decks and unsprung ones. You have two basic tasks...speed stability and the best possible isolation of the stylus from external vibration. Any great deck has to tackle both issues, not just one of them. Too many designers have, I think, been flogging decks with no proper isolation...because it's cheaper and makes speed stability easier to achieve. .
In the end, you take a long hard look and decide what you fancy. that's it. Same with arms...my own choice without spending too much would be a second hand smeM2-9. Serviceable and will hold value. The Jelcos seem good too. If you mod a Rega, do they hold their value? Modded stuff rarely does. Another favourite, the old Mayware unipivot. Nice sounding bit of kit and dirt cheap. J7 offers great servicing if you do get an old arm that needs a bit of tlc. Another option..the diy version of the New Zealand arm 'The Wand'. Rather nice.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Progmeister wrote:say again Jammy so i understand?

FFS

Whats not to understand......

Avoid like the fukin plague, products are shit, service is shit......

. Full stop

Progmeister
Great Britain

Now that i understand. Thanks for the clarity.
jammy395 wrote:
Progmeister wrote:say again Jammy so i understand?

FFS

Whats not to understand......

Avoid like the fukin plague, products are shit, service is shit......

. Full stop