Advice needed in Spain

All general audio posts go here.
Lindsayt
Nauru

Re: Advice needed in Spain

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Rob in Spain, have you checked out Spanish, Portuguese and German ebay?

You can get so much better sound quality for your money by going 2nd hand instead of buying new.

Plus 2nd hand opens up all those classic idler and direct drives, instead of being stuck in the belt drive paradigm.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Ac motors buzz like a vibratory. DSJR I challenge you to buy the Maxon dc motor I use . Hold it in your hand blindfolded and guess if it is on or off.

If you can do it blindfolded I will buy it off you.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Maybe you could do this with a later Garrard Synchro-Lab motor - they hardly vibrated at all, at least when new :)

Doc, I don't have an infatuation with all things Rega and disliked many of their speakers and cartridges (still do). The RB arms worked right out of the box and have stayed that way for thirty years or more, unlike most Linn Basik arms, which have issues now and were never as well made (Jelco or not!). Roy Gandy was/is a patronising, smug and self satisfied individual who sprayed his personality all over the company when he was 'in charge' of daily running. Since he took a back seat fifteen to twenty years ago, the company has become far nicer to deal with. His one-time early sales liaison on the phone now runs In Fidelity..
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

rob-in-spain
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by rob-in-spain »

Thanks for all the advice.

After a bit more research I think I will add the Technics 1210 to my list but I'm still keen to hear from anyone who has had any experience with Nottingham Analogue, particularly the Interstate Junior.
I'm doing some travelling later this year so will try to set up some listening in either Berlin or Hamburg.
Thanks again.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

If you are coming through The Netherlands there are Nottingham Audio dealers here.
Distribution in the Benelux is via Analogue Audio

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

rob-in-spain wrote:Thanks for all the advice.

After a bit more research I think I will add the Technics 1210 to my list but I'm still keen to hear from anyone who has had any experience with Nottingham Analogue, particularly the Interstate Junior.
I'm doing some travelling later this year so will try to set up some listening in either Berlin or Hamburg.
Thanks again.
Rob.....3 Things / places you must cancel, with imediate effect.

Berlin Hamburg + Nottingham.

2 cause they are German (spit) 1 cause although its British....is in fact shit , cause it has A wobbly belt drive.

jammy395

Ps .......I would luv to edit ....the above.

But Cant.... :naughty:

Is this AOS.....mk 2.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Jammy write the post again as you would want it. Post it here again with a note that it is an edit of earlier post and I will remove the earlier one. It is easy to clean up the thread for a mod or admin.

Sometimes if I have a long post I write it in Wordpad or Notepad (Microsoft) and when I am happy just copy and paste into the forum.

We are obviously not AoS mk2, you can still say exactly what you want bar ad hominem and spam and shill. But as I have told you we are forced to do something by the actions of the owner at AoS. As I have asked you twice, if you come up with a better solution then tell us.

jammy395

Fuk that........Sounds much to complicated to me........WTF...is going on.

This aint The HFS I used to know.......... :naughty:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Then give us your idea of an alternative. Try it, it is easy. just pretend the first post doesn't exist and within a couple minutes it wont.

Jammy I would have thought you would be the last person to want Marco to have control over some of us and their posting on this forum.