Historic TT Project

All general audio posts go here.
Alfi
Wales

Re: Historic TT Project

Unread post by Alfi »

Don't go head to head with the Doc about his PL71. To be fair he's stuck with it for years and alway faught its corner - you've got to admire that devotion as it obviously does things right for him.

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Guys I aint going head to head with docs favourite TT.
Im against the bull that Says his fukin TT is better than anyone else's.
Check this forum qudos out...........
Mmmmm.......Dont make me quote it. :naughty:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

:obscene-moneypiss: Fuk you Jammy, yer deaf c'nut, had you and bruv been at the feckin bottle :roll: you would need the brain level of a demented slug and the hearing level of a deep sea prawn (they can't) not to hear it. The 1210 is a lump of shite designed for gullible jocks to stick up their kilts for a whirl, that is the nearest you get to getting pleasure from it. A turntable to pretend bagpipes play music and not howl like a demented banshee. :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-birdiered:

NOTE - this is a translation into Jammy speak from "the 1210 is ok but the PL71 is better" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

"Im against the bull that Says his fukin TT is better than anyone else's." you feckin check it out, it is made up :Bllocks: by you never said by me. Why the feck do you think I am bothering with the G99 if I think it can't be improved. Anyway I have improved on it many years ago with a Trio L07 D, and the Pioneer Exclusives P3 and P3a *I am sure* piss on it and you will find both of those said by me in the archive.

selby

Unread post by selby »

Holy crap just looked up that Trio L07 D what an engineering beauty!
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

THAT was when they knew how to build TT, now go look at the Pioneer Exclusive P3a on vintage knob.

http://www.thevintageknob.org/pioneer-Exclusive_P3.html

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

We can go back to 50s and 60s broadcast turntables. Some of them even had gear sticks :mrgreen:

selby

Unread post by selby »

Stop it...I hate seeing things I'll never own! Love both the Trio and that Pioneer just from an engineering point of view. It's a shame no one feels they should try and beat it, I hate how in some industries we are going backwards...Concord Ian's Formula 1 are things that have gone backwards, as has turntables it seems.

Anyway that project you have looks awesome, bet it would sound great restored.
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Another Jap turntable to die for, may even have been better than the P3a.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

selby wrote:I hate how in some industries we are going backwards.
Am I going backwards! I just wish I had the money and the clout behind me (no one has now and that is the reason) to go all out for the engineered best, the special, as with these products. Japanese companies at the time had the will and the resources to do it, and how did we respond - with the pathetic flat earth and Linn :-? :x . If you want one of these TT like the Sony DAC and transport then you have to look in Germany, France, Russia, even Greece. Here - forget it, Christ Frankland said there was nothing better than an LP12 and we fell hook line and sinker for the :Bllocks: and the :bulls1:

The current Cubix Pro stack means some people are not taking the industry backwards, but as with the idiots then so now it wont be recognised now apart from by a select few.