Denon DL103 v DL103R

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Denon DL103 v DL103R

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I have explained this many times before. Our phono circuit is load rejecting because of the amount of headroom it has, so only gross changes in cart character need the circuit resetting. The "we can set it up for any cart" is a bit of an in joke from me as for virtually all MC the standard setting is perfect and same for MM, so we can set it up for any cart :mrgreen: :grin: Loading (impedance matching) is an anomaly and very much misunderstood and bullshitted on the forums, I did a post a couple of weeks ago to explain it, please don't make me write it again. That one was for DQ so perhaps he remembers which thread it is in.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Sandman
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by Sandman »

Daniel Quinn wrote:speaking of which -http://petergabriel.com/news/double-vin ... r-gabriel/

pg albums 1 to 4 , 1/2 speed remastered double albums playing at 45rpm . limited addition 10,000 copies .

best thing about it - £70 for all 4.
Thanks DQ for the heads up, out of stock last night, but okay today, so order placed :grin:
Turntable Double platter Lenco GL75 re-plinthed / Hadcock GH242SE Copper / NVA SC cable Cartridges Decca London Blue & Gold Phono NVA Phono2 2x PSU CD Audiolab 6000CDT > Teac UD-H01 Streamer Bluesound Node2 > Teac UD-H01 Pre NVA P90SA Power (Tweeters) NVA A30 Power (Mid/Bass) NVA Forum LE mono Interconnects NVA SSP Speaker Cable (Tweeter) NVA LS5 Speaker Cable (Mid/Bass) NVA LS6 Speakers NVA Cube2 Mains NVA BMU

Progmeister
Great Britain

Unread post by Progmeister »

Yer a little tinker Doc.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I have explained this many times before. Our phono circuit is load rejecting because of the amount of headroom it has, so only gross changes in cart character need the circuit resetting. The "we can set it up for any cart" is a bit of an in joke from me as for virtually all MC the standard setting is perfect and same for MM, so we can set it up for any cart :mrgreen: :grin: Loading (impedance matching) is an anomaly and very much misunderstood and bullshitted on the forums, I did a post a couple of weeks ago to explain it, please don't make me write it again. That one was for DQ so perhaps he remembers which thread it is in.
People turn to poison quick as lager turns to piss,,,J.C. Clarke.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I suppose, but the original reason I got banned from AoS was trying to educate Marco on this, but he wouldn't listen and kept telling he was right and I should shut up (he was far worse in those days I am not sure you were a member back then). The whole question of matching impedance is very little understood and what I said in my post to DSJR and DQ was that when it is important it is very important when it isn't then it completely isn't, and sometimes it is sort of in the middle and slightly important. The art of it is knowing which situation you are in. In the case of an NVA phono stage circuit it is completely unimportant apart from changes from MM to MC or visa versa or something extreme like the Audionote powered MC cart. But if you were using a Fireybottle with a SUT it would be very important.