so That's How They Make Records

All general audio posts go here.
Stemcor1990
Great Britain

so That's How They Make Records

Unread post by Stemcor1990 »

I was in the Barbican at lunchtime and came across a guy who was installing what I assumed was a static display on record manufacture. After a brief chat am pleased to let you know that starting this weekend there is a project to record some artists and press records in a quick-fire process. The event is expected to last about 4 weeks and you should be able to get a good look at the stamping process plus an opportunity to ask questions.

Might be worth a visit. Might be worth buying an album although I will take issue with anybody who calls a record a vinyl. So a CD should be called a metal polycarbonate.......

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: so That's How They Make Records

Unread post by jammy395 »

Cheers Stem, I would give it a visit as it seems intresting, but its too far away. :cry:
What and where is the Barbican.....Is it like a shopping centre.!!!

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

jammy395

Ok......Basically the same as our Village Hall. :mrgreen: :guiness;

Stemcor1990
Great Britain

Unread post by Stemcor1990 »

Jammy, apologies for the lack of clarity. As you would have seen from the Doc's link, the Barbican is in the centre of London. It has an interesting demographic. The flats costs bajillions (as my eldest says) with plenty of council estates within a mile. Add in the thousands of people who work in the area and you get a broad spectrum of punters. It's the best example I know of an arts centre because it is not filled with the "I'm so far up my ar5e that I can't see anything else" types.

Do you fancy a Barbican 2 located in Buckie ? It will stick a few quid on the value of the house and Shona can open a mince and tatties restaurant. :grin:

jammy395

Mince n Tattie restaurant............. :think:

I like that. :lol: :guiness;