Hegel DAC

All general audio posts go here.
terrybooth
Great Britain

Re: Hegel DAC

Unread post by terrybooth »

You might wait for the new pre-amp - the P20 - sound like it will suit your needs. If I've understood this correctly this will have three inputs one set of outputs and will have a 'direct' (bypass the volume control) setting.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Direct will bypass the input switch...
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Two inputs plus the direct. Direct should only be used if it a single source.

johanjongstra
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by johanjongstra »

Sorry, maybe it is my English but I don't understand 'only if it is a single source.' Do you mean I can't connect a phono stage at the same time?
This p20 sounds exactly what I need. 2 inputs, direct and one output is just what I need . When would it be available.?
DAC: Lampizator Amber
Streaming: homemade fanless computer, i7, Windows Server 2012, HQPlayer, Bug Head Emperor, JRiver, Audio Optimizer.
AMP: Rega elicit-r
Speakers: Magnepan MG1.4, Totem Rainmakers
Turntable: Rega P3, Rega exact cartridge
Cables: NVA SSP interconnects, audio quest power chords, Totem Tress Loudspeakercable
Headphone: audioquest nighthawk with rega ear amp

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Probably December. I shouldn't have talked about it early. You either use the two switched inputs OR you use the single direct, you cannot use them together. The direct is for single source use.

johanjongstra

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Probably December. I shouldn't have talked about it early. You either use the two switched inputs OR you use the single direct, you cannot use them together. The direct is for single source use.
Okay, thank you. I do understand that. So either I connect the dac to direct and when I want to use the turntable I have to connect the turntable and disconnect the dac. Or I just use the dac on the other input and can use the switch?
Maybe the last option would be wise anyway, because you could adjust the volume control of the preamp to keep the a80's at a comfortable level, as fretless suggested before.
I am looking forward to the P 20!
Streaming: homemade fanless computer, i7, Windows Server 2012, HQPlayer, Bug Head Emperor, JRiver, Audio Optimizer.
Cables: NVA SSP interconnects, audio quest power chords, Totem Tress Loudspeakercable

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Johan, if it is helpful for you, you can send me a PM (personal message) and I can explain things in Dutch. I am about 30 km south of Utrecht if you ever want to see my NVA setup.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

johanjongstra wrote:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Probably December. I shouldn't have talked about it early. You either use the two switched inputs OR you use the single direct, you cannot use them together. The direct is for single source use.
Okay, thank you. I do understand that. So either I connect the dac to direct and when I want to use the turntable I have to connect the turntable and disconnect the dac. Or I just use the dac on the other input and can use the switch?
Maybe the last option would be wise anyway, because you could adjust the volume control of the preamp to keep the a80's at a comfortable level, as fretless suggested before.
I am looking forward to the P 20!
I haven't got a clue what you are talking about, do you really think that direct bypasses the volume control, if so what is the point of a pre-amp. I say again direct bypasses the selector switch and ONLY the selector switch. So using it means that it is in circuit continuously and if you connect to the others at the same time then they are working together which can induce many problems. If you have two inputs then IGNORE direct and use the other two and switch between them.

I really don't think I could have been clearer before and I have explained this SO many times it is getting irritating, it even explains it on the P50 ebay listing :roll:

johanjongstra

I see your point. I did try to search the answer before I posted. Sorry I didn't understand it right away.
Thanks for answering me anyway.

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

My fault. DJSR corrected. Apologies.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro