A Saturday afternoon of music and hifi daftness.

All general audio posts go here.
brit-pop
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: A Saturday afternoon of music and hifi daftness.

Unread post by brit-pop »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:All I see going on is an isolated pair of A40's being used with just about anything than the things they were designed to be used with. Now that is fine, it is your amps. But when that is written about in an authoritative way then I react. We never leave customers with product they are unhappy with, why didn't you send it back on the return basis if you are so unhappy with it. Has it been set up for the cart you use. Did you buy it new or 2nd hand, if new then you should have talked to me.

If you are going to compare them tomorrow then go and switch the bloody thing on now, doesn't need to be connected, it just needs to be fed.
You're exaggerating Richard, am I claiming to be an authority? :Bllocks:

Yes the amps were used in isolation I guess but the point is they sounded great, both Steve and I have said as much. If I'd said anything more there'd be buggers on some forum somewhere accusing me of hyperbole and shilling I expect :grin:

They were simply dropped into another guy's system for an hour at the most. Yes it's far from ideal so I take your point that they should not be judged out of context so just take the comments (all positive I think..) as they were intended.

Btw in my system the a40s stay on 24/7 as advised, are used with compliant cable and sound fab. Indeed I'm enjoying some Porcupine Tree via the squeezebox now and they're rocking their socks off.

I'll go plug the Phono 1 in now... does anybody fancy choosing some bathroom tiles for me so I can get a minutes peace on a bank holiday.

brit-pop

Btw I didn't send the Phono1 back as I wasn't unhappy with it.

I ultimately just preferred the Croft which came to me as something id always fancied trying via a seller I knew and trusted.

I'm not in a mad hurry to flog the Phono1 either, I don't think I'm the only bloke here who keeps a private collection of quality kit close to hand in case he fancies a change. Most people I know into this 'hobby' are a bit like that aren't they? Some have lofts full of speakers and amps they couldn't let go...

Right now at home I have 4 pairs of speakers, 4 amps, 2 turntables, a broken CD player, 3 dacs, 2 other phono stages (one of which has USB and I use for rips) and a cupboard full of cables not to mention 3 bass guitars, 3 other guutars, several amps, a PA system and mixer, microphones and stands, 3 computers etc.. the list goes on. You get the idea.

I'd be persuaded to swap or sell if it funded better cables... yes I believe you set it up for my at440mla, it was new we discussed it briefly on the phone.

I'll leave it powered up and report back in due course.
Last edited by brit-pop on Sun May 03, 2015 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I understand about the Saturday bit of fun, you are not seeing my point. This has just come after a series of comments and conflabs at AoS and this just seemed the culmination of it. Since you got the original A30 it has seemed like everyone and their grandmother has been trying to stick an oar in, must use a Croft Pre, must use this and that speaker cable. Comments about not liking the LS2 - so what are you using as you have mentioned at least two other cables including TQ. No nva pre-amp, it just seems a waste of time to discuss nva as you are just feeding other peoples agendas and you are not discussing it in context. I may be being a bit sensitive but I just know these pricks like Marco who are poking you, and the history of it has probably made me over sensitive. Remember I have been libeled to such an extent as pictures published of prototypes, of units ferked with by others, as a way to try and damage me and nva. Being called the fireraiser because an idiot insurance fraudster doesn't know his arse from his elbow. Being attacked by ignorant people over making class 2 product with NO understanding of the safety or design issues, like with the BMU - it has been going on for years! You just seem to be the potential next episode.

brit-pop

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I understand about the Saturday bit of fun, you are not seeing my point. This has just come after a series of comments and conflabs at AoS and this just seemed the culmination of it. Since you got the original A30 it has seemed like everyone and their grandmother has been trying to stick an oar in, must use a Croft Pre, must use this and that speaker cable. Comments about not liking the LS2 - so what are you using as you have mentioned at least two other cables including TQ. No nva pre-amp, it just seems a waste of time to discuss nva as you are just feeding other peoples agendas and you are not discussing it in context. I may be being a bit sensitive but I just know these pricks like Marco who are poking you, and the history of it has probably made me over sensitive. Remember I have been libeled to such an extent as picture published of prototypes, of units ferked with by others, as a way to try and damage me and nva. Being called the fireraiser because an idiot insurance fraudster doesn't know his arse from his elbow. Being attacked by ignorant people of over making class 2 product with NO understanding of the safety or design issues, like with the BMU - it has been going on for years! You just seem to be the potential next episode.
Richard, you'll take me as you find. That's all I'd ask of anyone. I hope you'll agree all of our transactions have been conducted in good faith and aimiably and do hope this continues but I can't allow this. It's a slur on my character.

As I've nothing more to contribute I'll withdraw from this now.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

OK we will see how it develops. I will take you at face value. Talk on, but please realise you still haven't heard what those A40's can do, and mixing with other makes does not make them better.

Progmeister

Unread post by Progmeister »

Well, that went well.
brit-pop wrote:A mongrel system! You have a way with words don't you :grin:

To coin a phrase 'FFS' Richard, whoever said this was an NVA system or bake off?

Here's the story put in terms I hope you'll get...

Bloke takes amps to another blokes house, blokes listen to each others amps. Both blokes liked both amps with a variety of music and sources and found things to like. That's the story really.

You're always going on about people talking crap about NVA and not mentioning it on various forums. Fact is that people do want to hear NVA amps and when they do they like them but you don't make it easy on us who'd like to show and share our experiences of NVA kit with others.

Tell you what, how about I just don't bother and you can go back to the default setting that nobody talks anything good about NVA. I give up....

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It did didn't it.

I made my point and a shadow that has lain over this sale from the beginning has been removed, or at the very least more difficult for *others* to use.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Are floyddroid and progmeister the same person :-?

At AoS - Please note that i have removed reference to the NVA amps from my original post as the nothing but positive comments about them seem to have upset the designer/manufacturer. Something that would certainly put me off owning anything by the company as good as the products are.

FFS what the feck is this all about, at no point was I talking to either of those two people I was talking to Rich (brit pop). It was his comments and my history at AoS that sparked the reaction nothing to do with anyone else. Rich and I have solved it privately, so what is this all about.

Clarification - From the very beginning of this sale I had my suspicions of it being just another Muccus set up to find another way to diss NVA. It all came so suddenly from someone who seemed to be involved with the rega shill (note seemed to be at the time). There seemed to be partial confirmation of this for me when all and sundry were hanging other products off it to make it better and in the process diminish NVA. All the Muccus arse lickers and the anti NVA crowd were joining in, it was pissing me off!

OK I have conversed with Rich since and it is obvious this has been a bout of paranoia on my behalf. I thank him for taking the amps to the Saturday meet up and for the nice comments from both of them. I would just say that please do not make your comments definitive until you hear how and what the amps were designed for, that is all I ask.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Don't worry Doc. I honestly believe, from years of forum involvement, that NVA owners past and present really DO like the products, even if some have moved on from them.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

What the ferk has that got to do with what I am talking about :-?