A Saturday afternoon of music and hifi daftness.

All general audio posts go here.
Classicrock
Great Britain

Re: A Saturday afternoon of music and hifi daftness.

Unread post by Classicrock »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Dave it is built to Class I earthed case appliance rules, it is not a match for NVA Class II construction. There will be no serious problems because of it but it means Class I earthing will be imposed on the system, where as if Class II it takes away house earthing problems / considerations as the system is designed then to float off the earth.

On top of that the current price for a P50 is £150.00 (non promotion price £200.00) where as this thing is £300.00 :naughty: I wouldn't mind if I could see the point.
Though it is metal cased it's still passive so no electrics to cause possible earth loops. Would have thought NVA would sound better with NVA amps though. Only possible advantage I see is you can have a remote with it if you are lazy plus some people may prefer the cosmetics.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Daniel Quinn

Re: A Saturday afternoon of music and hifi daftness.

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Seems to me , there is an unnecessary focus on semantics here .

if brit pop prefers something then for him it must by any commonsense meaning of the word be better for him . That does not mean it is better per se , indeed as has been stated , there would appear to be no substantive reason why it could be better per se [ its a passive pre amp] . It is thus an idiosyncratic decision of preference without any substantive basis and there are millions of them in hifi [c.f. £695 mains cables ] people will make of that what they will ;)