Expertise

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Expertise

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Expertise is as expertise does!

There is too much worship of bullshit from people who make delusionery claims about themselves. Classic examples are Teifenbrun and Gandy, both marketing men bullshitters. So why do they feel they have to inflate their abilities where as in reality they actually hire those skills. Even with those hired skills are they really experts or just white coats with a diploma.

As I said in the first sentence expertise is as expertise does and the reality is that the members here who have had the balls to modify speakers with Doc Mods have ended up learning more about how to make speakers make music than the white coats who designed them in the first place - so who is the expert?

So those members can now if they wish make loudspeakers following what they have learned that are musically better than any of these big famous speaker companies especially those that claim BBC ancestry, so do so, start up a business and show the idiots up for what they are.

And those that still deny it but wont try it well more fool you :roll:

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: Expertise

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

I suggest that someone takes one of their home-modified speakers to a respected dealer who sells 'exalted' models from elsewhere and actually does some comparison for themselves. Is that fair?

Teifenbrun is an exception, who was absolutely convinced he was right - well he was, but the product was under-developed through most of the 80's IMO and dealer knowledge too limited. Gandy is one who knew a lot about a little but gave the sanctimonious impression he knew loads about everything and of course, most dealers weren't able or knowledgeable enough to put him in his place! Harbeth's AS is a decent man, but his absolute and possibly blinkered, patronising and smug online persona spoils what are to me, well developed products that stand comparison with anything out there. I don't let HIM get in the way of my enjoyment of them when I get the chance to listen. Please remember Doc, that there are a good few out there who put you before your products and refuse to accept them because of their feelings about you.

I for one, much appreciate knowing certain other engineers in the industry who are far more modest about their achievements, who do have 'ears' that they use in product development and who are well aware of what their product has to do to be successful in this ever-shrinking market. Still a few around I think.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Measurement Monkey's.......... :Bllocks:

They deserve the shit they worship.

Oh and im in a bad mood cause Hibs got knocked out the Scottish Cup....... :evil:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well we have another example with Stari's mods to Guys CD player. So how come he can do it, does he have a diploma or a white coat, no he hasn't, and he can do it because he understands and uses his ears.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Who are Hibs and what is a Scottish Cup, :-?

Is it designed for Whisky or a nice cup of tea :mrgreen:

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

If it has two wee handles,it is for whiskey,and to be passed around amongst friends,the best way.
Won't be fiddling with my minstrels,love them too much,the dog has instructions to bite the balls of anyone that gets too close to them.. :violence-uzi: :violence-blades: :violence-snipersmiley: :obscene-smokingjoint:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

wallace wrote:If it has two wee handles,it is for whiskey,and to be passed around amongst friends,the best way.
Won't be fiddling with my minstrels,love them too much,the dog has instructions to bite the balls of anyone that gets too close to them.. :violence-uzi: :violence-blades: :violence-snipersmiley: :obscene-smokingjoint:
Royd owners are not in this criticism as they already have most of the work done.

The Permed One

Unread post by The Permed One »

The permed one just sold a rare & to boot one of their best power amps from that Wiltshire outfit..If that was suppose to be one of their best god help the worse.

:dance:

Yomanze

Unread post by Yomanze »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:both marketing men bullshitters. So why do they feel they have to inflate their abilities
That's marketing Doc! :)