Bespoke turntable lid manufacturer

All general audio posts go here.
Alfi
Wales

Bespoke turntable lid manufacturer

Unread post by Alfi »

Looking for recommendations for a manufacturer of TT lids for my Goldring Lenco GL75 project..

Are there any in the UK offering quality manufacture (from 5mm clear acrylic) for a respectable price that any of you gents my have experience of?

Greatly appreciated.

Alfi
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bespoke turntable lid manufacturer

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Anglia Plastic, Biggleswade, 01767 31032 ask for Jack.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Fantastic! Thank you Doc. :grin: I'll give AP & Jack a call tomorrow and feedback how I get on.

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Contact made, details and requirements sent - I patiently await Jack's response.

Cheers Doc.

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.

Sandman
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by Sandman »

Very interested in the outcome of this for my own - very slow - GL75 project, might be playing a record on it in the next 2 months, after 12 or so have gone by....
Turntable Double platter Lenco GL75 re-plinthed / Hadcock GH242SE Copper / NVA SC cable Cartridges Decca London Blue & Gold Phono NVA Phono2 2x PSU CD Audiolab 6000CDT > Teac UD-H01 Streamer Bluesound Node2 > Teac UD-H01 Pre NVA P90SA Power (Tweeters) NVA A30 Power (Mid/Bass) NVA Forum LE mono Interconnects NVA SSP Speaker Cable (Tweeter) NVA LS5 Speaker Cable (Mid/Bass) NVA LS6 Speakers NVA Cube2 Mains NVA BMU

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

My personal GL75 project is taking an age too, but it holds great promise using 3rd party enthusiast produced parts mainly sourced via Lenco Heaven forum members.

The plinth was custom built by Russ Collinson of Layers of Beauty. Great chap to deal with and boy does he know his craft :mrgreen:

I've added a Norbert Elastosil idler- superb quality and a Jolyon bearing - not cheap but both superbly crafted to be fair.

Next up will be the new lid by Anglia Plastics coming in at a very respectable £67.50 plus VAT and carriage, the order has been placed with Jack so in approx 10 days I should have a nice 5mm thick lid to top it off. I then plan to respray the top plate and double stack using a Technics platter from an SL-D3 I think? I will be using PL71 hinges for the lid as these are the best I've come across for build quality, adjustability and ease of use.

Jack at Anglia is a pleasure to deal with which is nice bonus. Cheers Doc :guiness;

Incidentally I'm just going to have one now!

Alfi.
Last edited by Alfi on Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
I am in the hi-fi trade.

Sandman
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by Sandman »

Sounds great on the lid - I'll add it to the list....

Had photos of the plinth build (Carl of LencoHeaven fame) last night :dance: so might see that on Saturday. Having to use stacked platters as have an Acos arm to fit which is TALL despite the VTA adjustment etc, also means the deck is turned through 90 degrees to mount, which is why the Doc's plinth didn't work for me. Then need to do the fettling depending on what I find when it gets fitted together, but now have spare top plate, motor and bearings to play with, the Jolyon mod with brace looks a good idea for one
Turntable Double platter Lenco GL75 re-plinthed / Hadcock GH242SE Copper / NVA SC cable Cartridges Decca London Blue & Gold Phono NVA Phono2 2x PSU CD Audiolab 6000CDT > Teac UD-H01 Streamer Bluesound Node2 > Teac UD-H01 Pre NVA P90SA Power (Tweeters) NVA A30 Power (Mid/Bass) NVA Forum LE mono Interconnects NVA SSP Speaker Cable (Tweeter) NVA LS5 Speaker Cable (Mid/Bass) NVA LS6 Speakers NVA Cube2 Mains NVA BMU

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Order placed with Jack at Anglia plastics, I now patiently await delivery of the lid for my Lenco 75.

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.