All general audio posts go here.
kimangelis
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Blu-ray player to P50

Unread post by kimangelis »

Hello all.

Advice needed again please. I have a good Sony blu-ray player with a toslink and a co-axial output. I want to connect this output to my P50 passive. I know I need a DAC of sorts and was thinking of a LINDY 70408 SPDIF ?

Also need an interconnect and was thinking of Sonic Link (Black Rhodium) SG Light or similar.

I'm not looking for hi-fi quality sound, just something better than the Sony TV speakers.

Any suggestions?
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Re: Blu-ray player to P50

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Use sound cord for interconnect please. Not just selling, it must be low cap IC, and SC is designed for P50.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I have no experince of it, but i have read that maplin do a d to a convertor which is supposed to be good for £30 .

does the sony not have a simple analogue audio output rca's ?

kimangelis
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

OK Doc. Will do. Assume that include the analogue connections between the DAC and the P50?

Daniel.. No, annoyingly it doesn't. My old Sony DVD player, now with my daughter does have RCA analogue's.... So I'm forced down the mini-DAC route.
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.