JRiver Media Centre 20

All general audio posts go here.
kazam
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

JRiver Media Centre 20

Unread post by kazam »

Last night I upgraded from 18 to 20 and so far I'm liking it. Particularly appreciating the WDM Driver, which allows you to output other programs audio into JRiver. I was about to ditch Tidal due to frequent buffering issues, but outputting using the WDM Driver seems to have sorted it. Sound quality hike seems apparent between 18 and 20 and outputting as mentioned also seems to offer a lift. Feature set continues to expand, its a really comprehensive media player.

If you use a previous version, I'd definitely suggest sampling this. To everyone else, apologies, I did try to keep it brief :hand: :lol:

terrybooth
Great Britain

Re: JRiver Media Centre 20

Unread post by terrybooth »

I've used it but, but got off the 'upgrade' train. I'm on version 19.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

brit-pop

Unread post by brit-pop »

Had 18, upgraded to 19 for around 20bucks I think. Made not a jot of difference I could tell. Wouldn't waste money on software upgrades again.

Foobar is free and excellent.

kazam

Unread post by kazam »

The WDM Driver makes this version for me, it may be my imagination, but I am currently preferring Tidal routed via this. Seems cleaner sounding than straight through the desktop or web apps. I was about to cancel Tidal as it was becoming pretty annoying with frequent buffering delays. Play through the Media Centre sorts this, although I appreciate it shouldn't be necessary given how much Tidal costs!

Also may be the case that I'd fiddled with settings in 18 and knocked the sound out in some way :oops: Good to hear of free options, the TFS came with Jriver and I've tried to avoid tinkering too much, but will try foobar as suggested at some point.