Listening skills

All general audio posts go here.
Daniel Quinn

Re: Listening skills

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

oopps, i guessed the song cause i couldnt be arsed coming out of the post .

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Daniel Quinn wrote:oopps, i guessed the song cause i couldnt be arsed coming out of the post .
Ok Dan ...........Ya Lazy Bastard............Don't come out of the post if you don't want too.
This is a brand new year - And we should all try that little bit harder to TRY & GET ON with everyone...............Dave :shhh:

Its important that we all focus................ :dance:

kimangelis
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

Focus on what?

That's possibly a new thread...... On what should we focus?

BTW... Got myself some Grado headphone's. Good grief.... !!!!
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Sam Smith's ubiquitous new song "stay with me cause your all i need" as earned him a fortune . Seems he will be sending that money to Tom Petty , cause it ripped off "I wont back down" A song I like and to listen to a lot . I did not make that connection .

nerica19

Unread post by nerica19 »

Fretless wrote:There is a very good book by Oliver Sachs called 'Musicophilia' in which he tells stories from his career in neurology about the weird and wonderful ways people perceive and experience music.
Thanks Fretless for mentioning a while back this book Musicophila by Oliver Sachs which I have bought and am half way through and finding really interesting. Fascinating insights into what we hear, what we think we hear and what we can potentially hear etc etc. Opens the mind a bit to how other people might hear the same thing as you are hearing. Also makes me wish I had looked after my ears a bit more a few years ago - i.e. too many loud rock concerts and I should have been more diligent about wearing earplugs when riding a motorcycle.

I also bough Sachs other book called 'The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat' - and will see what that has between the covers when I've finished the first one...
AMPs: NVA P50 + NVA A60 / Alner Hamblin SP400 Passive Pre + Alner Hamblin SA400 x 2 bridged Digital: Musical Fidelity KW DM25 Transport + KW DM25 DAC / Meridian 200 Transport + Heed DAC / PC to Arcam irDAC via USB Analogue: upgraded Rega RP3+PSU + Exact MM + NVA Phono 2 & 2nd PSU Speakers: Royd Apex + Carver Amazing Platinum IVs + QTA HK10 (on Partingtons) + KEF 105/3 - all LS6 Cans: Grado SR225e (+NVA AP10H) Interconnects: all NVA SSP & SSC + Power Inspired AG1500

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Glad you're enjoying it, Sacks is a fascinating man and has way of telling a story that is both informative and humane.

I know what you mean about hearing damage - years of live mixing for amateur rock bands has left me being very careful with my hearing nowadays. But the damage is already done and getting used to listening to music and TV at relatively low volumes seems to have stopped it getting any worse.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

nerica19

Unread post by nerica19 »

kimangelis wrote: Got myself some Grado headphone's. Good grief.... !!!!
Well, yes indeedy, my new Grado SR225es are now plugged into the even newer and shiny AP10H just arrived late afternoon. Thanks Doc; beautifully packed. First impression of the combo is Good Grief ++1!!

What a delight this all is; BIG smile time even though things are barely warmed up, let alone run in and settled down... Used SSC first up and then switched to SSP but put the SSC back at it seems happier soundwise at this stage. Very distinct difference between the two and will stick with the SSC for the time being but will try SSP later when ears are tuned in properly to the new experience.

God knows what Jammy's new system will sound like in due course with the mahoosive statement head amp and his ultimate big boy Grados... I can't imagine how much better this style of listening can actually get.
AMPs: NVA P50 + NVA A60 / Alner Hamblin SP400 Passive Pre + Alner Hamblin SA400 x 2 bridged Digital: Musical Fidelity KW DM25 Transport + KW DM25 DAC / Meridian 200 Transport + Heed DAC / PC to Arcam irDAC via USB Analogue: upgraded Rega RP3+PSU + Exact MM + NVA Phono 2 & 2nd PSU Speakers: Royd Apex + Carver Amazing Platinum IVs + QTA HK10 (on Partingtons) + KEF 105/3 - all LS6 Cans: Grado SR225e (+NVA AP10H) Interconnects: all NVA SSP & SSC + Power Inspired AG1500

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

JammyHiFi3.png
JammyHiFi3.png (31.76 KiB) Viewed 2470 times
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

:lol: :lol: excellent work.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol: