Macca's System Blog

All general audio posts go here.
jandl100
Been thanked: 0

Re: Macca's System Blog

Unread post by jandl100 »

wotta loada :Bllocks:

:mrgreen:

There is an XTZ sound, and there is an NVA sound.
I know - I've had 'em and heard 'em!
And the perspectives they present on the music are quite different.
(In my view, NVA is more realistic, but XTZ has more impact and obvious 'wow factor').

If Macca's version of musical heaven is the XTZ (his choice) then I'll be very surprised indeed if any amount of NVA will supply the goods for him.
Last edited by jandl100 on Fri May 29, 2015 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry - unrepentant boxswapper 8-) Life's too short for boring hifi !

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, ... various and varying electronics and cables ... Laptop (TIDAL hirez)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Then that is your problem and why you never learn and will be eternally stuck in review speak and just keep swapping stuff.

Personally I put up with it as in some ways it amuses me and I don't think our members are taken in by it as the light ribbing you receive proves. BUT when you interfere with a guy trying to get his system right by using his ears and you divert him with ego based pseudo guru claptrap then I will comment.

jandl100

nothing to do with ego, just experience.

you heard an XTZ amp? - no, I didn't think so.

And I like swapping stuff - it's the way that I learn.

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, ... various and varying electronics and cables ... Laptop (TIDAL hirez)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Then leave your desire to be a controlling guru out of it and leave the man to listen for himself, he doesn't need your claptrap, he has owned the amp so he can form his own opinion. AND hopefully just use his own music and his own opinion.

jandl100

Fine.

I'm happy to leave Macca to make his own mind up.

Everyone's advice and comment seems allowable except from someone who has actually heard the amps under discussion. :roll:

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Well once again "One man's meat is another man's pudding".
But I think I would rather have "realism" over the "wow factor".

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

I heard the XTZ in a system at Scalford a couple years ago. Wasn't impressed with the sound but what component was responsible I don't know. Maybe I missed something but what was the nature of the XTZ failure? Surely Macca can get it fixed and then make direct comparisons. It does sound as if that amp had a very short life span which would certainly raise questions about the real value of this brand. If NVA amps are anything like the Albarry in presentation I would imagine the two amps are chalk and cheese. A reconsideration of overall system synergy might be in order.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It is how you discuss it Jerry that got my Goat. It is a question of your superior attitude and your focus on equipment instead of music. I never see you talk about music in your opinions and assessment. I think you could learn a lot from Gromit.

Anyway this is not the place for an argument so please let it go and let the thread proceed as normal.

Now for you Rocky, it is like disease, don't you join in. Leave Macca to listen too his music. All the rest is :Bllocks:

EDIT - you see how presumptions and ego takes over, your experience is Albarry so you just bring it in. Stop confusing the issue.

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Jerry is the poor mans Peter Breuninger :mrgreen:

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Macca

Unread post by Macca »

I'm happy to have all views expressed. It's interesting.

Put the LS 1 in. Hah! What a difference! First bar not even back in my seat sounds absolutely bob-on.

Four hours on now sounds excellent. The sound I had before is back. It was the cable it just did not suit the vintage Akai.

Shane is right it is not quite the same presentation as the XTZ but the quality and clarity of the sound is very close. Please bear in mind my comparisons with that amp are as a power amp only with NVA P90SA and ssc interconnects.