Macca's System Blog

All general audio posts go here.
Macca
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Macca's System Blog

Unread post by Macca »

Jerry I agree that is a possibilty. I could buy the more expensive stuff but I'm hoping I won't have to ... the XTZ was not exactly high-end but it was good enough to deliver an awesomely good sound when combined with the P90sa and the SSC.

LS1 cable has now arrived so will test this evening. If that is a no go I'll try the Chord.

DQ - I'm not chasing rainbows here. I know what is posible within the limits of my sources and speakers and I intend to get back there one way or another.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Macca , i was being slightly flippant , but it seems to me you have been moaning about your hifi for a prolonged period bar a small period of nirvanna .

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Daniel Quinn wrote:Macca , i was being slightly flippant , but it seems to me you have been moaning about your hifi for a prolonged period bar an small period of nirvanna .
Macca, follow the path Grasshopper, no need to deviate...... :mrgreen:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

But don't leave foot marks on the rice paper :mrgreen:

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

And if you feel a good fart coming on, fuk the ricepaper.......RUN. :lol: :guiness;

Macca

Unread post by Macca »

Daniel Quinn wrote:Macca , i was being slightly flippant , but it seems to me you have been moaning about your hifi for a prolonged period bar a small period of nirvanna .
You are absolutely correct.

You do have to bear in mind I am very picky about sound quality, what might be acceptable to a lot of people won't suffice for me. Not golden ears that is just what I'm like. If I had never had it how I want it then I might agree that I am chasing rainbows but I have and I want it back! It is very frustrating having the mountain top in sight but just not being able to find the path to the summit.

jandl100

Unread post by jandl100 »

Get another XTZ.

-- you won't get that sound from NVA, imho, it's a different sort of presentation.
Jerry - unrepentant boxswapper 8-) Life's too short for boring hifi !

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, ... various and varying electronics and cables ... Laptop (TIDAL hirez)

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Go to the pub when there's a live jazz group playing. that'll clear the ear-wax out and show you that NO audio system at any price will come anywhere near. Once you have the 'audio upgrade bug' out of the way, you may find things easier to tolerate...

Have a look here -

https://emotiva.com/products/emotiva/amplifiers-0

I'm told they're very good and I'm sure I read somewhere that they're related somehow to the XTZ, either in basic design or in manufacturer (not sure about this though).
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

There is only music - "the sound of" is either wrong or pretend experts :Bllocks: The music either works or it doesn't.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

My point is it is the music you listen to not the amplifier, if you listen to the amplifier then you have lost it. The music works if better or doesn't work if worse and it can be in different ways.

Don't get trapped into product, product is only in the way of music, find the one that gets the least in the way. Focus on stupidity like that comment from Jerry that X amp sounds very different to Y amp is just so much reviewer :bulls1:

This :Bllocks: is the valve trap (and classD in a different way).

There is ONLY your music, your room, and your ears. AND YOUR CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!