Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: Klipsch Heresy.

Unread post by savvypaul » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Just plugged in a pair of Klipsch Heresy III#

A bit like my Grado headphones. Flawed but fun...
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Pianist~Envy
Great Britain

Unread post by Pianist~Envy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:40 pm

They had some hooked up at Audio Gold in north London a couple of months ago. Might still be there if anyone wanted to audition them. I can't really comment on them since they make my 6:1s look/sound puny. But sounded great, running turntable through such-and-such amp.
"Simplicity is the final achievement. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." ~ Frederic Chopin

Amps/cables: NVA P50sa (48 step), A40 mk3, LS6, SSP
DAC/digi: ARCAM irDACII, RaspberryPi 3 B+, Volumio
PaS: Mission SX1 (mid-building Troels Gravesen Scanspeak Discovery 3-Way Classic :dance:)

Music lover and piano dork.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:17 am

"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:43 am

Try and smile and wince at the same time - that is what they do to me. But they are horns so it is to be expected. You are right they are fun.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:03 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:43 am
Try and smile and wince at the same time - that is what they do to me. But they are horns so it is to be expected. You are right they are fun.
The 3s are reported by others to be more refined than the originals...but, yes. A sort of American muscle car equivalent - immediate, generous, often uncouth.

I've seen (read) a number of posts elsewhere recommending the AP10 with them...

HiFi Foo Fight Blog

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:05 pm

That is an Italian thing.