More dangerous than pedophiles.

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

More dangerous than pedophiles.

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Parents have been warned about audiophiles, who are increasingly targeting young people for dull chats about hi-fi.
Record shops have become magnets for middle-aged, socially awkward men attracted by products labelled ‘Audiophile Edition’.

14-year-old Tom Logan said: “I was looking at an old Fleetwood Mac record, when this bald man kind of crept up beside me.
“He asked me what kind of equipment I had at home, then before I could reply started describing his turntable which was ‘belt drive’ with a ‘low noise bearing’.
“I was trying to make my excuses but he launched into this long ramble about his ‘listening room’ and ‘tonearm setup’.
“It was so tedious that I began to feel woozy. Also I remember his breath smelled of stale cake and he had short grey stubble all over his head.
“I don’t know why but I got the feeling he was probably a dentist or accountant.”

Parent Tom Booker said: “Audiophiles target vulnerable young people then bombard them with the dullest information imaginable, to make themselves feel cool and ‘with it’. It’s disgusting. “We had an audiophile living on our street, until his house accidentally burned down.”

Former audiophile Roy Hobbs said: “I admit it, I was obsessed with high-end audio equipment and the nuances of stereo reproductions. Sometimes I would corner younger people and make them discuss this. But then I had to say…no. Stop it Roy. Stop it.”

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: More dangerous than pedophiles.

Unread post by jammy395 »

Yes "Audiophile's" are indeed the scum of the Earth - If convicted they should have their Ear's chopped off. :twisted:
There is no doubt that they are on the increase, and i lay the blame squarley at the door of the Mod supplier's who deal in this disgusting modification tat.
None of that shite in the old day's. :hand: cause they made mostly good gear back then, and folk's were happy with their lot.
My mate said there is a "Audiophile" rehab clinic in the States where offender's are locked in a room with only a LP12, Naim Nait & LS3/5A to fiddle with.
It apparently has a 99.9% cure success rate....... :laughing-rolling:

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
DIY FREE ZONE

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:50 pm “We had an audiophile living on our street, until his house accidentally burned down.”

Must have been using an illegal audiophile fuse. :lol:
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc