Headphones

All general audio posts go here.
wallace
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Headphones

Unread post by wallace »

wallace wrote:If you like the plastic Grado's you really should try some wooden ones one day,same detail,but quite a bit smoother
I love mine,but i got them so cheaply as they were only working on one side,easy fixed.I wouldn't dream of paying £700 for them.I was quite happy with my SR325's.
Your 80's with some L cushions will sound as good as you could want with your new improved amp. :P :dance:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

jammy395 wrote:HiFiMAN HE-400 Headphones - Canare Cable - Spare Velour Pads - Case

I know its over at AOS :evil: but thought some members here may be intrested....best be quick.

Fine Planer Magnetic Cans and a bloody steal for anyone after a pair of quality headphones £190 inc Delivery........wtf :clap:
They are still there, cheap as chips, and being magnetic planer type will piss on most Grados....... :mrgreen:

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

Well should i buy them,or pay the council tax and car tax,o and get some food, :confusion-shrug: :confusion-scratchheadyellow: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .

kimangelis
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

I looked at the cost of new HE 400's and they are available (US) for $299.00 which is as close to £199.00 as needs be. Does the Canare cable make such a difference to warrant the price over on AoS?
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Does the Canare cable make such a difference to warrant the price over on AoS? (kim).

:think: No idea :think:

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

southall-1998 wrote:No doubt, in the JBBHA being able on driving any headphone on the Planet.

I have these coming tomorrow- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141620889129

S.

Well, I had a decent listen to the tweaked MS1 cans last night... They simply sound nice!

The tone is a bit more on the warmer side over the standard SR80... The bass is just a tad softer, but doesn't mask any of the musical detail.

Still, these retain the front-row presentation typically from all Grado cans. If you hear a Grado that sounds laid back, then something is wrong :geek:

These MS1's are clearly a more grown up version of the SR80.

S.
Shane Lonergan.

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

southall-1998 wrote: Well, I had a decent listen to the tweaked MS1 cans last night... They simply sound nice!

The tone is a bit more on the warmer side over the standard SR80... The bass is just a tad softer, but doesn't mask any of the musical detail.

Still, these retain the front-row presentation typically from all Grado cans. If you hear a Grado that sounds laid back, then something is wrong :geek:

These MS1's are clearly a more grown up version of the SR80.

S.
Fair way of putting it - I have a pair of unmodified MS1's ("nice" may be seen as damming by some though)
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

wallace wrote:Well should i buy them,or pay the council tax and car tax,o and get some food, :confusion-shrug: :confusion-scratchheadyellow: :grin: :grin: :grin:
So far wallace in 2014/2015 council tax year , 3.5 million households out of apprroximately 30 million have had court proceedings issued against them for none payment . Whilst i suspect you were joking , you would not be lonely .

as for headphones , my senheiser 595's are redundant since i got the NVA amps . And I aint bothered because i now prefer to listen at low volume than with headphones , which is a reversal from the situation when i used the yamaha .

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

My senn 595's were redundant about ten mins after i bought some Grado's. :grin: O,and i paid the council tax,so won't be needing your services,yet.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Bugger , you wont be wanting to buy them then :lol:

edit - i have just googled grado rs1 , they cost £800 !!!! :o ;)