Overpriced s/h items

All general audio posts go here.
Lindsayt
Nauru

Re: Overpriced s/h items

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Those Transparent Opus speaker cables are bonkers. $33,000 for a new 8 foot length. $17,000 2nd hand. The 2nd hand price is crazily high because the new price is such a joke. And they're a trip hazard with those carbon fibre boxes half way along them.

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Linn-Klimax-T ... 4499120%26

Have ina laugh arnt they........for a PSU.......WTF.... :twisted:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Well its Linn, so it has been wanked on by 7 male gay vestal virgins.

walterwhite
Wales

Unread post by walterwhite »

jammy395 wrote:I think the claim below is a bloody peach........

"THE BEST LOUDSPEAKER'S YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF"
Looking at DACs today I came across an American company called Schiit, who do interconnects @ $20 to 40. They're called Pyst :lol:

The blurb on their website reads "Beyond Just Technology: SuperUltraHyperTechnology PYST cables are made from only the finest 6-nines Unobtanium™ alloy, molecularly assembled in our Alternate Universe™ reality-distortion tesseract field , using a secret geometry reverse-engineered from crashed UFOs, painstakingly smuggled out of Area 51 by deep-cover operatives. Performance is further enhanced by the use of a QuantConnect™ quantum-entangled pair of transmission interfaces, held at absolute zero by our exclusive Stasis Field™ technology. The cables are then wrapped in NanoAeroCap™, a nanotechnology-enabled aerogel anti-capacitance insulation system, featuring Fractal Interleaved Geometry™ to create negative inductance for maximum audio transmission quality." :clap:

Bloody brilliant :D
Bi-amped A80's, P90sa, LS6, AP10h, Phono2/2 PSU's, BMU, SSC, SSP2, Raspberry pi/Durio Sound Dacs, Rega RP6/Dynavector 10x5, Royd RR2.

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

I note that the PYST interconnects are designed 'to get your Schiit together'. Of course other companies have been down this line and ended up believing their own publicity. :!:
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Walter - Spot on.......loved it.

Some claim eh...... :clap: :clap: :clap:

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Naim Nait2. Have you seen the price some of these fetch :naughty: They are a very average low powered integrated amplifier. Nothing more. Easily beaten by an AP20. How do i know ? Well some one gave me a Nait2 a few years back because it did not work on one channel and he couldn't be bothered to get it fixed.

I opened it up and found a broken solder joint to one of the speaker outlet sockets :dance: That was the only thing wrong with it. I am now sitting on an amp worth more than £500. Bonkers.
DIY FREE ZONE