FoTF old Exposure Amps

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

FoTF old Exposure Amps

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I thought I would put this up in case members thought I wouldn't like it. Fire away.

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Re: FoTF old Exposure Amps

Unread post by jammy395 »

Exposure.....avoid like the plague, as said before - horrible shouty scratchy things.............IMHO.............. :hand:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Jammy they are a flavour of the forum, lots of members here like them, don't poo on their booties.

jammy395

Flavour of the (ADMIN EDIT) not month - forum!! or not - And i would'nt wish to rain on anyone's parade - but........Sorry found them a bit naff.

But - if they sound good to you - They are good........ :clap: :clap:

Flat earth pt 2..........??? :hand: :whistle:

Sovereign

Unread post by Sovereign »

Which expo amp did you have Jammy?

jammy395

Sov were off back to the 80's i think.......It was a 2010 i think (integrated).......Not sure what that is in Roman Numerals........ :lol:
Now i aint heard any new Post 80s exposure gear so perhaps its a lot better than it was..I think applemark posted a pic of nice new mono beasties....Looked nice anyway..
And i say flat earth 2 Cause if the dealer couldnt get you to buy a Naim He would try his best to flog you a Exposure,,,,,, :think:
Mags and the reviewers sang their praises highly........... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

schwantz34

Unread post by schwantz34 »

hi guys, i had an exposure XV and a super XV, really nice indeed, good sound ! and nice pre phono stage though!

gotta take it!

ps: hi James, i've sent you an email.

Gromit

Unread post by Gromit »

Here ya go Jammy - just for you...

I came to Exposure amps in the early 90's (about 92/93 I think it was). Had a Nait 2 (owned from new) but grew tired of my ever-dwindling record collection, down to the fact that the Nait's skills were in such a narrow zone that most of my stuff was rendered almost unlistenable.

I came upon an ex-dem Exposure X, bought it, and didn't look back - I owned Exposure amps for the next 15 years, until something like 2007 where I went on a slight sabbatical. Have had a couple of Exposure rigs since, and I really think I may have another one at some point. I just love their gutsy, explicit and full-blooded musical presentation.

Good, solid amps - I'd have any single one over any Naim, any time. By all accounts the very latest Exposure amps (mainly the 2010s2 and 3010s2) are very good indeed and hark back more to the older designs' sonic pattern.
Sources: Macbook/Sony CDP-X303ES/TEAC UD-H01 dac & Sony PS-6570/Benz Micro ACE SL
Making it louder: Sonneteer Sedley/Sonneteer Campion
Speakers: Royd Sapphire
Hooking it all up: NVA Soundcord & NVA LS6

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well at different times you have said the same about NVA and you are very happy with your Sony. It would be nice to organise a bake off of all three, I will supply the NVA.

Sovereign

Unread post by Sovereign »

jammy395 wrote:Sov were off back to the 80's i think.......It was a 2010 i think (integrated).......Not sure what that is in Roman Numerals........ :lol:
Now i aint heard any new Post 80s exposure gear so perhaps its a lot better than it was..I think applemark posted a pic of nice new mono beasties....Looked nice anyway..
And i say flat earth 2 Cause if the dealer couldnt get you to buy a Naim He would try his best to flog you a Exposure,,,,,, :think:
Mags and the reviewers sang their praises highly........... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Now I understand, the large following is for the Classic era, I would say that the 2010 is not one of those, you want to listen to IVDR or XVI monos or VIII or XVIII monos or VIIo or XI or XIV pre amp. Very very good amps indeed. Never herd their integrated amps though.
There was something about my A80/40 combo that I really liked, more open, more agile and more engaging.