Sovereign
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Audiophile Fuses

Unread post by Sovereign »

Ninanina wrote:
And would there be an improvement by swapping to 15 amp plug

Thanks to anyone that can help :D
I have carried out lots of work to the mains in my old house and it all made a difference, not tried the 15a plug route but I can't see why it wouldn't make it sound better.

applemarc
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by applemarc »

I ended up putting two single socket's where the old 13a double was
Beresford Caiman Ipod

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I haven't seen double sockets, and anyway if you are going to do the job properly you shouldn't use them. Each socket should have its own connection back to the consumer unit and join there. It is so funny how these flavour of the month things start emerging in posts just because some so called experts, who are usually prats, start prattling, especially those like MCRU who's only purpose is to take your money. The latest seems to be copper, copper pins, copper cases (even on amplifiers :roll:). In the past it was Rhodium (what ever that is) before that gold plating - why can't you see it when you are being taken for a ride :roll: When this bollocks runs out the next one will be bronze - mark my words.

Back in the late 80's and early 90's The Flat Response / Hi-Fi Review were singing the praises of BS546 15amp and were selling gold plated ones via the magazines. I disagree with just about everything those magazines stood for but in this case they were right. It would be very easy, like they did, to buy a job lot of BS546 (they are cheap and plentiful) and strip them down and send the metal parts out for gold or silver plating (silver is better conductor, gold doesn't oxidise, so a choice) - so who wants a little business :shhh: