cables

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: cables

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The only way to stop it is to not buy products that perpetrate it.

NicolasFromFrance
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by NicolasFromFrance »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Add to that the need to maintain the bottom line
Not only to maintain... We are in modern societies which are (unfortunately) made by and for economic growth. Indefinite growth... on a finite planet and in finite minds. :?
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: We are being polluted internally and externally to the point where our progress is just being nullified and probably now going backwards. And for what just so someone can see an increase in their capital, it is like a disease in itself.

Exactly. It is the subject of a book I wrote in 2005. We have several simultaneous crises : energetic, economic, social, environmental, psychological,... But all those crises, imho, are not to be treated seperately as they usually are. They can be seen as consequences of a common root cause : seeking infinite growth, ie immoderation, refusing any limit. Why seeking infinite growth ? To reach always more power and calm our existential fear instead of trying to accept it and go through it. But I am going a lot off topic and I am not sure my english is OK on those matters...

NicolasFromFrance

Unread post by NicolasFromFrance »

Lindsayt wrote:Looking at this from a purely personal point of view: it's good if more and more people are slowly poisoning themselves and therefore shortening their lives, as this will go some way to slowing down the global population growth.

I am not sure we should fear demographics. Demographic transition is already going on. I crossed several studies showing we should land around 9 Billion people maximum. FAO estimates even organic agriculture could feed 12 billion people (without GMO).
Lindsayt wrote: Looking at it from a positive point of view: with modern education and media we all have the ability to inform ourselves and make decisions based on that. Meaning that we can lead a balanced lifestyle with a balanced diet that avoids excessive amounts of potentially harmful ingredients - which will give us a good chance of leading a prolonged life in good health.

Yes to some good extent. But weakest people still have difficulties in accessing/integrating these informations. Eg Massively overweight people are mainly found in lowest social classes.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Eg Massively overweight people are mainly found in lowest social classes. (quote - NicholasFromFrance)

or....... MACDONALDS........ :lol: :hand: