WALLACE & HIS WEIRD SPEAKERS.....

All general audio posts go here.
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

WALLACE & HIS WEIRD SPEAKERS.....

Unread post by jammy395 »

Wallace - Weird choice of speakers..... ....Why.?
Are they passive or active.?
How do they sound.

:think:
alesis_M1_Active_Mk2_main.jpg
alesis_M1_Active_Mk2_main.jpg (18.36 KiB) Viewed 2814 times
Alesis mk 1s

wallace

Re: WALLACE & HIS WEIRD SPEAKERS.....

Unread post by wallace »

They are passive Alesis Monitor One's ,I run them with an AP10 in my workshop/den.I have a pair of Mk11's but i slightly prefer the older ones but only as they look a bit beat up and go with the rest of the room. 8-) I tried quite a few (normal Kef,Mission etc), speakers before i settled on them.They seem to give an accurate ,clear sound and go very well with the AP10.They are near field monitors,so work better up close,cheap as chips and very underrated in my opinion.Worked really well as the PC system,but the stern voice from the sofa suggested i put them in my den.O well,back to the JPW mini monitors on the PC.
Cheers.
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

jammy395

Wallace (THE STERN VOICE FROM THE SOFA) must always be obey'd............That is if you enjoy a peacefull life..... :lol:
But whilst STERN VOICE loves ironing, washing, nagging, making mince n tatties, hoovering etc etc etc....They have no concept of Manly pursuits...ie CARS & HIFI. :hand:
So its good to hear that they are passive...keep it simple....It would also seem that there is life out there other than Royd's & Warfdale........ :whistle:
But fuk it thought i heard a sound on the stairs ....must dash its the missus...... :twisted:

jammy395

Sorry forgot to mention ...your speaker choice is just about as daft as Sov's......... :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Jammy give others here a bit of leeway. There is a whole world out there beyond Subjectivist full of daft hi-fi decisions and people to comment upon. BUT one mans daftee is another mans genius, so we play it gently with our members / each other, even if you / we / some of us think they are daft.

Address the post not the person is the basic rule.

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

Hey don't knock them if you ain't heard them, anyway what do you want for £15 on ebay.... :chores-mowlawn: :roll:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

wallace wrote:Hey don't knock them if you ain;t heard them,anyway what do you want for £15 on ebay.... :chores-mowlawn: :roll:
Well obviously not a mains plug from MCRU :roll: :D :whistle: :shifty:

jammy395

Sorry - I ment your speaker choice was a bit unusual....... :( :roll:

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

I may have previous on this subject.
I used to play bass in a band fifty years ago,and the best sound i ever had was with a valve amp(Truvoice,i think)sitting on top of an old open backed radiogram cabinet in to which i had bolted an 18" Goodmans speaker with some felt out of a sofa loosly stuffed round it.All the rest of the band ever said to me was TURN IT DOWN.
Her indoors is rather glad i have grown out of that system. :whistle:

jammy395

:lol: You most certainly must have a few penelty points on yer speaker licence by now......
If i was wearing a hat i would take it of to you Wallace - Rock on. :dance: