cdp NAIM cd5i-2

All general audio posts go here.
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: cdp NAIM cd5i-2

Unread post by jammy395 »

Consider....Marantz or Yamaha.
Great machines for your budget from these makers.

:dance: :clap: :dance:

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

schwantz34 wrote:
wallace wrote:Hi I had the original Naim CD5i for a couple of years.also had a CD5/Hicap.If i ever went back to a cdp i would get another 5i,it will make your foot tap,if that is what you want :D
hi Wallace, so the cd5icould use the hicap? big difference from the "stock" version? yessir tapping and an unstoppable will to dance all over the room :lol: that's what i want! definitely :dance:
ciAO!
S
You can not use a hicap ,or any other psu,with a CD5i,but it doesn't need one to boogie.I found it was to much when i used a Nait5i with it ,that is why i changed to a CD5.But after changing my amp to an AP70 i wish i had kept the CD5i. :doh:
And the 5i-2 is said to be more toe tapping!! Will get one when i finally sell my vintage Harley Davidson...
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Well I wouldn't go back to a CD player now, I like my TFS too much.

Ninanina

Unread post by Ninanina »

I used to have a CDX2 and sold it within a couple of months as I thought it was completely overrated. I recently had a Naim Uniti which is supposed to be a CD5i & Nait 5i in one box and I thought it was utter rubbish. I have borrowed other Naim stuff in the past and I just don't get it. Their stuff always gets top reviews and every time I listen it just leaves me thinking there must be backhanders going on somewhere, as it does nothing for me whatsoever. Or perhaps I'm missing something!!

I do think their stuff is very well made and I believe their service department is supposed to be excellent, and their secondhand values are high but what's the point of all that when it all sounds c*$p...... Only my opinion of course :shock:

I have a cheap Marantz CD63 MkII Ki and a slightly more expensive Meridian 506 CD player that I think would beat any Naim for musicality any day

sc_ita

Unread post by sc_ita »

Nowadays, to spend a lot of money for a "simple" RBCD player, having a good device like your Arcam seems pretty useless.
Why not consider instead the Arcam CD37 (SACD-player, stereo), which offers a substantial improvement thanks to the high DSD resolution?
Or, for a lot less money, an Oppo BDP93, less good for stereo, but intersting to feel the emotions of a multi-channel in high resolution.

Ciao, Siro

schwantz34

Unread post by schwantz34 »

thank you all guys for the feedback!
ciao
s

schwantz34

Unread post by schwantz34 »

sc_ita wrote:Nowadays, to spend a lot of money for a "simple" RBCD player, having a good device like your Arcam seems pretty useless.
Why not consider instead the Arcam CD37 (SACD-player, stereo), which offers a substantial improvement thanks to the high DSD resolution?
Or, for a lot less money, an Oppo BDP93, less good for stereo, but intersting to feel the emotions of a multi-channel in high resolution.

Ciao, Siro
Ciao Siro, i agree with you but i ve found a brand new naim cdp at no brainer price (that's good to make a proper comparison between the nice arcam and the cd5i, then you know naim have a strong value on the 2nd market, plus this is new but at an affordable price plus 2yrs warranty) .
The cd37 is an hell of cdp, most say one of the best among arcam production, unfortunately i dont have any sacd :-( , for what regards the oppo player , i cant use a multi channel setup, is a great mess even with 2 speakers in my living room :-)
tnx and ciao!
s