Amplifiers. Class war !

All general audio posts go here.
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Amplifiers. Class war !

Unread post by jammy395 »

Are'nt Sugdens class A.....!!!

Heard an old 21 years ago and if memory serves thought it sounded a bit (Lively - In yer face) but might work well if the rest of the system was a bit laid back...?

:think:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Sugden had his own way of doing it which had a lot more claim to class A status than these valve push-pull highly biased class AB's. BUT it is still not true class A as it is not single ended, it is a push-pull variant.

This whole saga has developed a life of its own which just shows how class conscious the British still are :lol:

My whole point in all this was not to judge quality, but to judge bullshit. Things are not so simple as A or B or AB, there are many ways to skin a cat. BUT I have a complete dislike of people and product that don't explain this and just take the marketing bullshit route of going for the thing that is *perceived* to be better. This all started because of the way Marco constantly throws in the class A distinction every time he mentions or discusses his amp, would he do it if it was said to be class B or even AB, no of course not. It is being used only to try and impress the ignorant, of which he is one. In the end I just thought it was time he was told some home truths, which of course his ego would not allow him to accept.

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

You mean if there was such a thing as ( CLASS A1+ ) Marco might be tempted to trade up from his ( CLASS A ).......surely not....!!!!!

:lol: :clap: :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Well obviously only 5 star triple A plus rating will satisfy him - I have heard it called being a techno-snob. :roll: