ExposureCD.JPG
ExposureCD.JPG (73.55 KiB) Viewed 2837 times
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

terrybooth
Great Britain

Re: Exposure CD player

Unread post by terrybooth »

Hola compadres!
Can I enlist your help in solving a little conundrum I have with a 1998 (John Farlowe) Exposure CD player.

The player has a digital coax output as well as analogue phono connectors. However, the digital coax is not connected. You can just about see the edge of a circuit board below the cable tie in the picture, that circuit board is connected to the coax output but the connector is not connected.It looks fairly obvious to me that I need to plug it in to the 4 pin connector just above the caps on the left of the picture but should I unplug the analogue?

The actual analogue connection is hardwired to the phono circuit board but the is a single black wire going to five socket connector just to the left of the box stiffener just above the cable tie?

Advice?

terrybooth
Great Britain

Nothing huh?

Well, thanks to Tony Brady at Exposure who eMailed me back within an hour of mailing Exposure this Saturday morning (customer service plaudits :clap: ) telling me where to stick it (the connector that is) and a while soldering a phono plug to the end of an old bit of thin ethernet cable (I knew it would come in handy sometime) I now have the 1998 Exposure CD player playing through the Beresford DAC/SP/Noname stepped attenuator pre/Exposure cable/Exposure Super VIII/LS6/Epos ES22 system. First impressions, quite sweet and laid back (which was the same as playing the Mac Mini through it, so I'm thinking that it's the Super VIII which is giving the sound its character.

I did actually try connecting with a BNC to Phono adapter and some digit coax which produced no sound at all - anyone any clues why that was?

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Eh....No......Sorry Terry.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Don'ask'me about anything digital :roll:

terrybooth
Great Britain

Anyway, in case anyone was interested, is that the digital connection is under the stiffening piece and not where I was asking. Exposure CD plus Caiman DAC. Interesting. Probably better than my Naim CDI. But memory could be faulty.

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Exposure CD plus Caiman DAC. Interesting. Probably better than my Naim CDI. But memory could be faulty. (terrybooth)

Terry sell the lot of them and get a Good Marantz or Yamaha CD player........Problem solved.........Cmon you know it makes sense...... :dance: :dance:
WTF....is all the fuss about DAC's for..............Why.........?

Jammy. :?