All general audio posts go here.
Anesthetise
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Poland

125V vs 240V - turntable problem

Unread post by Anesthetise »

Hello.
I've found a cheap PL-71 in US, the problem is - I guess it's prepared for 125V mains, and I'd need 240V. Does that makes me completely helpless and I should give up, or is there any way to make it run on 240V main?
analogue: pioneer pl71, 2x technics 1210 mk5, shure m44g, goldring 1042, mastersounds radius 4v, mastersounds fx unit, strymon el capistain, half a tone of records
digital: laptop, rp4 with digi+ hat, V-DAC II + tomanek power supply, SC5000 prime
wires: ls3 and various interconnects, half a TB of files
amplification: p50sa seiden modded, a80s, royd rr1, goodmans magnum

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Re: 125V vs 240V - turntable problem

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

It is just changing around two wires, it is very simple.

Anesthetise
Poland

That's perfect, now I just need to fix the shipping method :3 It feels bad it doubles its price lol
analogue: pioneer pl71, 2x technics 1210 mk5, shure m44g, goldring 1042, mastersounds radius 4v, mastersounds fx unit, strymon el capistain, half a tone of records
digital: laptop, rp4 with digi+ hat, V-DAC II + tomanek power supply, SC5000 prime

Anesthetise
Poland

I checked with the post office about whether my packing would hold, and they said no - and insurance would NOT cover it unfortunately. I'll be refunding your payment considering there is no way to safely ship it at this point without exorbitant fees that I think neither of us are interested in handling at this point.
(...)
I will probably be selling locally considering what they told me, it's just too heavy and fragile for most shipment methods it seems without form fitting double box material (would have to survive 15' drops). Oh well, live and learn >_>'
BS BS BS I was sooo pumped for this turntable, and it was a bargain :cry: Considering this, is there any method of reasonable cost to import fragile stuff such as turntables from the USA?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Anesthetise wrote:
I checked with the post office about whether my packing would hold, and they said no - and insurance would NOT cover it unfortunately. I'll be refunding your payment considering there is no way to safely ship it at this point without exorbitant fees that I think neither of us are interested in handling at this point.
(...)
I will probably be selling locally considering what they told me, it's just too heavy and fragile for most shipment methods it seems without form fitting double box material (would have to survive 15' drops). Oh well, live and learn >_>'
BS BS BS I was sooo pumped for this turntable, and it was a bargain :cry: Considering this, is there any method of reasonable cost to import fragile stuff such as turntables from the USA?
I have imported four from the states. Two were fine, one was damaged, and one was smashed, I kept that one for spares. All mine came from USPS (US postal service).

Anesthetise
Poland

Unfortunately I cannot risk my whole budget, I still went a bit extreme with the instant buy decision.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Turntable are always dodgy to ship.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

The sellers reluctance to ship it is a bit disappointing. So far every US eBay seller I've bought from has fully held up their end of the bargain.

Oh well. Never mind. Another PL71 at the right price will come along sooner or later.

Anesthetise
Poland

I doubt at £210, shipping to Poland included AND in *pristine* condition :|