The in-laws...

All general audio posts go here.
shevans
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The in-laws...

Unread post by shevans »

I hate going to the in-law each weekend, not because of them as people but the fact each week "stuff" is purchased or collected for us that we have no need of. They scour charity shops and get given furniture and its down to me to recycle the stuff down the local tip.

This weekend I groaned as we walked in as there was pile of old electrical stuff in the hall, I was going to ignore it but glancing over there was a turntable and something with knobs on!

A quick inspection I find a Technics SL-1200 (Mk1) with Sure V15 (type IV) cartridge and a rather retro Nakamichi 700 three head cassette player! I asked them to look out for the amp, speakers and vinyl :D

Looking forward to what next weekend brings :pray:

jandl100

Re: The in-laws...

Unread post by jandl100 »

ha ha !! marvellous story* -- sounds like you are getting them trained up quite nicely!! :clap:

* -- it's not actually true, is it? :shock: :lol:
Jerry - unrepentant boxswapper 8-) Life's too short for boring hifi !

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, ... various and varying electronics and cables ... Laptop (TIDAL hirez)

applemarc

Unread post by applemarc »

That's the way I always offer to take away any old vinyl people don't want
Beresford Caiman Ipod

shevans

Unread post by shevans »

jandl100 wrote:ha ha !! marvellous story* -- sounds like you are getting them trained up quite nicely!! :clap:

* -- it's not actually true, is it? :shock: :lol:
Its really is true, both are quite dirty but underneath the grime they are in good condition. The in-laws neighbour is quite elderly and has been clearing out his house, I managed to swerve the dining room chairs that were also on offer.

keiths

Unread post by keiths »

shevans wrote:Its really is true, both are quite dirty but underneath the grime they are in good condition.
Who? The in-laws?

shevans

Unread post by shevans »

keiths wrote:
shevans wrote:Its really is true, both are quite dirty but underneath the grime they are in good condition.
Who? The in-laws?
Well, yes as ones a cleaner and the other other a gardener, but the turntable and cassette deck were just as bad :lol:

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

Its really is true, both are quite dirty but underneath the grime they are in good condition. The in-laws neighbour is quite elderly and has been clearing out his house, I managed to swerve the dining room chairs that were also on offer.[/quote]

lets hope that you haven't "swerved" some Chippendale :doh:
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1