System Pictures....

All general audio posts go here.
Ali Tait

Re: System Pictures....

Unread post by Ali Tait »

Aye look nice don't they. Like to hear a pair sometime.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

At seven and a half grand I should bloody hope they are! 8-)
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Theo
Great Britain

Unread post by Theo »

£10k new - I bought them 2nd hand at a fraction of that price :)
T/T: Trio L-07D/Benz Glider; Dynavector DV507 MK II/Ortofon Cadenza Blue. Phono: Whest PS30R SE. CDPs: Esoteric UX-1; Micromega Classic Solo; Oppo BDP-95. Digital: Cambridge CXN V2. R2R: Technics RS-1700. Amps: Exposure MCX Pre/4 x Exposure XVI Mono Power. Speakers: Jamo R909; Audiosmile Supertweeters Mk.2. Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-1000W. Mains: NVA BMU

Sovereign
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Sovereign »

The chap that I picked up the OB's from had a pair of Wilson Audio Watt Puppy speakers, I'm not sure but I think they are in the region of 15K, we had my OB's and the Watt Puppies side by side; all I going to say is I am happy I walked away with my OB's :D

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

If something is recommended by Martin Colloms then forget it. If he thinks Wilson Watt puppies are the best speakers then one of us is deaf - or bent :roll:

Sovereign

Unread post by Sovereign »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:If something is recommended by Martin Colloms then forget it. If he thinks Wilson Watt puppies are the best speakers then one of us is deaf - or bent :roll:
Is he the designer?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Nope, he is the UK reviewer who shilled them in the magazines. Rumour says there was more to the association than met the eye - he had a way of getting consultancy fees out of big US companies, and even some UK ones.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

That's absolutely bonkers! Why sell your best speakers? It's not as if the Watt Puppies take up less space. OK the Wilson speakers look more fashionable, but that's a hell of a price to pay for trendy looks: £thousands extra plus the price of worse sound.

When I heard Wilson Watt Puppies at Scalford on the end of Rowland amplification I thought they sounded very nice. But then I never heard them with a recording I was familiar with.

One thing I've never quite got with Wilson speakers is that they've had rave reviews from day 1. The Watt Puppies have gone through several versions - each significantly better than the previous one. Does this mean that the latest versions sound better than the live performance?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It is very simple Lindsay it is all shilling bullshit. They charge so much for them so that there is plenty spare to make sure it happens. :animals-pig:

BTW who is this geezer who sold them? whats his forum monica?

applemarc

Unread post by applemarc »

A friend of mine has watt Puppies and thought they where great for about two months then found here was not listening to his system as much as he did with his Martin Logans. They can get a bit tiring.
Beresford Caiman Ipod