NVA feedback - what could be better

All things NVA
TheMadMick
ST_PATRICK'S_SALTIRE

Re: NVA feedback - what could be better

Unread post by TheMadMick »

Folks
Thank you for your interest in my kW550. If I might highlight the difference between an A20 (not upgraded) and the kW550.

There are 2 strong differences that don't seem to be power related:

a) the MF is smoother and more liquid - valve like in my view. The A20 is sharper and a little more dynamic. I can live with either. They are different not better or worse.

b) the A20 gives very well defined transients and images with pinpoint precision. The MF is more diffuse but artists seem to have more "body" - think volume. Again, different not better or worse.

I hope I made it clear, I'm potentially changing to reduce system volume and footprint. I could live with either very happily.
Blusound Vault 2, P50SA, A80's, BMU, TIS, LS7, MA PL200, Meridian 506 (18 bit).

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Fair points Mick, but what when one factors in new retail/SH cost difference? Would you not expect a pair of A70's /A80's to be much closer in presentation?

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

Unread post by Ordinaryman »

I think classicrocks comments to the post were perfectly relivent, not interested in his "previous "
I'm sure anyone who took on the "'re invention" of NVA is to be applauded and I fully understand that perceived negatives could be hard to listen to.
However, change in pricing structures, (whilst understandable) still change the market that RD was in and therefore open up comparisons.
As you quite rightly say, RD was the only one capable of selling his product's at his prices.
As for the product being "better in quality " and the reference to classicrocks selling of stuff on the forum, unnecessary imo.
As said before, I wish you ,Tomaz and NVA all the best. :grin:
Someone once said " I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant"
I'll get my coat!

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Ordinaryman wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:38 pm I think classicrocks comments to the post were perfectly relivent, not interested in his "previous "
I'm sure anyone who took on the "'re invention" of NVA is to be applauded and I fully understand that perceived negatives could be hard to listen to.
However, change in pricing structures, (whilst understandable) still change the market that RD was in and therefore open up comparisons.
As you quite rightly say, RD was the only one capable of selling his product's at his prices.
As for the product being "better in quality " and the reference to classicrocks selling of stuff on the forum, unnecessary imo.
As said before, I wish you ,Tomaz and NVA all the best. :grin:
Someone once said " I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant"
I'll get my coat!
My issue with what Classic said is that he was telling someone what they would or would not prefer, when he has never even heard the NVA MKIII amps. The core ethos of this forum is that we speak from genuine experience, not prejudice or any other agenda. It is for TheMadMick to listen and reach his own conclusions, with his own ears, in his own system. If you want to make stuff up, go elsewhere...it's not what we do here, and you will get found out.

I don't care whether you thought what I had to say was necessary or not, all I see is a guy who has never heard the amps trying to put off someone who wants to try them. I'm not going to sit back and let that happen.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

:mrgreen: Ouch! Try reading the posts again, by the way how many mk111 amps have been listened to in direct comparison, to YOUR knowledge?
So much for " patronising bullshit"
As for making" things up, go elsewhere, you will get found out" what, for having an opinion ?

savvypaul
Great Britain

Ordinaryman wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:31 pm :mrgreen: Ouch! Try reading the posts again, by the way how many mk111 amps have been listened to in direct comparison, to YOUR knowledge?
So much for " patronising bullshit"
As for making" things up, go elsewhere, you will get found out" what, for having an opinion ?
You are ignoring the facts and going off on a tangent.

I have no argument with you and no argument with genuine opinion.

Classic has not heard the MKIII amps, so how could he have an opinion on how they sound?

Your comment was patronising - but that is not important, which is why I removed my remark.
I am in the hi-fi trade

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

Did he ever suggest that he had? This is not a tangent!

savvypaul
Great Britain

Ordinaryman wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:55 pm Did he ever suggest that he had? This is not a tangent!
If you express an opinion about the sound of two different items then it beholds that you should have heard both items.

True?
I am in the hi-fi trade

TheMadMick
ST_PATRICK'S_SALTIRE

Unread post by TheMadMick »

Alfi wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:39 pm Fair points Mick, but what when one factors in new retail/SH cost difference? Would you not expect a pair of A70's /A80's to be much closer in presentation?

Alfi.
Alfi

I'm not sure what you mean by "much closer in presentation". Much closer to what? Besides, I have never heard A70's/80's so how am I to compare. This is exactly the point SavvyPaul is making. You can't make judgements without data - and I don't have that data.

Sorry to be negative but conjecture leads to all sorts of conversations which are essentially going nowhere.

At the end of the day, in this game, it's what floats your boat. If it sounds good to you (or me) don't let anyone tell you any different.
Blusound Vault 2, P50SA, A80's, BMU, TIS, LS7, MA PL200, Meridian 506 (18 bit).

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

Yes, your right, your bloodywell right. My mistake.