What's been your favourite bit of NVA kit?

All things NVA
TheMarlin
Great Britain

Re: What's been your favourite bit of NVA kit?

Unread post by TheMarlin »

I’ve got the same power amp. I’m looking to upgrade to a A60/70/100 mono power amps, but will take my time for the right deal to turn up. The A40 sounds bloody good as it is!

I really liked my P80, but upgraded recently to the P90SA.

It’s better than the P80, but not the huge leap I was expecting- which leads me to believe the P80 is a bloody good Pre amp.
Modded Belles A150 MK2, P90SA, & NVA SSP cables, and LS5.
Leak Stereo 20 & First Audio Classic Copper V2
Modded Lenco GL75 with Saturn arm, heavy custom plinth. Nagaoka MP500.
Nottingham Audio Hyperspace + heavy kit, + Origin Live Conqueror + Koetsu Black
Tom Evans Micro Grove MK2 MC phono
Bluesound Node2i (x2) both with latest power upgrades.
Topping D90MQA and Topping D90SE
Audiolab 6000 CDT transport.
All NVA cables

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

It's a tricky question to answer because all the NVA stuff i have is superb, although much of it is diy using nva bits and bobs.

The speaker concept is probably my favourite. Although i don't have nva speakers as such the drive units are the same and the concept is mainly Richard's. The semi omni approach changed the game completely for me. Effortless, room filling sound which is not at all harsh or in your face. Also the isobaric bass drivers using equal volume for each driver in a sealed enclosure gives bass to die for. Deep, fulsome and as tight as a duck's arse in water.
DIY FREE ZONE

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

My 90's series Cube3's.
Love 'em :dance:

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

Toontrev

Unread post by Toontrev »

I'm with BillyBones and its Cube2's for me. Difficult to describe why but they just sound so right. I introduced NVA bit by bit over a year or two, the Cubes were the last part of the jigsaw and it was only then that it all came together. The amps, cables and speakers clearly compliment each other and I can appreciate why there is such a positive response to various upgrades once you are running a NVA system. Richard certainly knew what he was doing.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

I'm so torn between two that I'll have to include both.
The first was the very first piece of NVA I bought - a s/h AP80. I saw it up for sale and thought it looked great, but I'd never even heard of NVA! I looked them up and the whole "less is more" philosophy really chimed with my own thinking, (not that I know ANYTHING about electronics). It was just a breath of fresh air and I was hooked immediately. Unfortunately I suffered a bit of a DER! moment and blew it up using the wrong speaker cables. I contacted the Doc, explained the situation, he called me a stupid git :lol: and repaired it at a very reasonable cost even though he wasn't actually producing kit at that time. When he opened it up he said it looked like it had been stored somewhere damp as there was a fair bit of corrosion inside but he thought it should be ok, at least for a few years yet. I sold it on but I knew I'd have more in the future.
Second was my Cube 1's - After so many speakers of all shapes, sizes and cost I thought I'd try these weird things more out of desperation than anything else. Well I plonked them down roughly in position, fiddled about with position for a few minutes and there it was SORTED! At last, I could have almost cried !! :lol: :lol:

CHEERS DOC. :clap:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol: