installing NVA speaker cables

All things NVA
montechristo358
Has thanked: 0
Great Britain

installing NVA speaker cables

Unread post by montechristo358 »

just come to install my NVA speaker cables and I notice one end has a white sleeve

are they directional? does this have some meaning?
Bedroom Rig
PiCorePlayer Squeezebox clone, Allo Boss Dac, NVA AP10H with Stepped Attenuator upgrade and external PSU, Audioquest Nightowl Cans, NVA mini BMU

Office Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DIGI+, NVA SSP Digital, Arcam AV9. NVA SSC, NVA AP10P, NVA LS5, NVA Cubettes, NVA Mini BMU

Kitchen Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DAC+, NVA SSC, NVA P50, Project AMPBox, Sonance Ceiling Speakers

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Re: installing NVA speaker cables

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

It is to identify the cables as LS5 and LS6 and TSCS look similar size / thickness.

LS5 = white
LS6 = blue
TSCS = yellow (when it has black coating not the silver)

NVA cables are not directional, BUT they seem to get used to being used the way fitted, so if you refit and change them around you may hear small differences for a few days but they will settle in again. Bit like a minor version of the burn in process. They do need a few days to settle and burn in (I hate the expression burn in as it is not a good description, but per usual in hi-fi bullshit that is the expression used for the effect, run in would be better).

montechristo358
Great Britain

Re: installing NVA speaker cables

Unread post by montechristo358 »

aha, now you say it I remember, thanks Doc
Bedroom Rig
PiCorePlayer Squeezebox clone, Allo Boss Dac, NVA AP10H with Stepped Attenuator upgrade and external PSU, Audioquest Nightowl Cans, NVA mini BMU

Office Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DIGI+, NVA SSP Digital, Arcam AV9. NVA SSC, NVA AP10P, NVA LS5, NVA Cubettes, NVA Mini BMU

Kitchen Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DAC+, NVA SSC, NVA P50, Project AMPBox, Sonance Ceiling Speakers