What is NVA

All things NVA
Classicrock
Great Britain

Re: What is NVA

Unread post by Classicrock »

CN211276 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:00 am With regard to DACs many dealer bought ones are competitive against direct sales, even when exported with additional costs (I am thinking of the likes of Chord and Audioquest). This implies that directly sold DACs are being sold at retail prices, but it would be difficult to proove.
I'm sorry but you will never convince me Chord prices aren't a rip off no matter how innovative or good sounding they may be. I get the impression they charge as much as they can get. If direct sales products aren't cheaper they are an even bigger rip off price wise. Accepted if you like what they do you have to suck up the vast expense of most of their models.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

None of them have the courage to dump their retailers and drop their prices accordingly.

Jonty2547
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Jonty2547 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:09 pm I am still waiting for someone to point me at another company that does the same as me.
No one as far as i know.
The only gear i'd buy new now is NVA and items from Stan Beresford, purely for the reason that it's not a rip off, performs superbly and has a second to none aftersales service.
Everything else i have (Sony CDP X555ES, PL71 deck and Nighthawk phones) have been second hand and imo priced well (not that i could have bought them new anyway).
Why more people don't do what you do is beyond me, it's surely the way forward. I mean ffs, it's zero risk.
TT- Thorens TD160B MKII with SME 3009, SL1210 and PL-71. Amps-NVA P50sa/A40's & Phono 1. CDP- Sony X555ES. Speakers-B&W 705 with LS1.
Headphone system Bushmaster II, Capella amp, Pi 3B+ with Hifiberry Digi+ Pro & Nighthawk cans.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Does Beresford have retailers, if not we have potential partner in selling method.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I don't think anybody buys without knowledge of the price and the reasons for it.

Hifi is a closed community with no new members. All those members are knowledgeable even if consider some to be daft.

So hifi is what it is.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Sorry I disagree, people are massively misinformed, due to magazines, forum blocks, flat earth brainwash, etc. There are far more people who have never heard of NVA than those who have heard of it. Of those who have heard of it over half don't understand how we are different. I ONLY have here to talk about it so I am banging a drum at the moment and hope more people hear it and look.

Why do I only have here to talk about it, because the rip-off merchants try to fence me in, they know they are on to a loser if the hobby listens to me, other manufacturers listen to me, then the slurping retailers and their shills die out. But NVA will still be here.

Jonty2547

Not entirely true DQ.

I was talking with one of our customers who had just spent an inordinate amount of money on a Naim network player and when I mentioned that a large percentage of the purchase price was pure profit, he was rather surprised to say the least.

Which led the conversation onto how much we make selling a new Mercedes. I'll just say that it's not even close to the slurp that Naim dealers make, and most often cars are sold at a loss (although there is plenty of back end money and discounts available).
TT- Thorens TD160B MKII with SME 3009, SL1210 and PL-71. Amps-NVA P50sa/A40's & Phono 1. CDP- Sony X555ES. Speakers-B&W 705 with LS1.
Headphone system Bushmaster II, Capella amp, Pi 3B+ with Hifiberry Digi+ Pro & Nighthawk cans.

Jonty2547

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:15 pm Sorry I disagree, people are massively misinformed, due to magazines
I'll agree with that. I spent more money than i care to think about in the early 2000's due to reading What Hi-Fi and their flavour of the month recommendations. Arcam this and QED that, all complete shite compared to what i have now.
Theres still plenty of uneducated folk out there who go "Baaa" and follow the herd when it comes to forums, mags and fancy adverts.

TroutFisher
Great Britain

Unread post by TroutFisher »

Jonty2547 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:47 pm Theres still plenty of uneducated folk out there who go "Baaa" and follow the herd when it comes to forums, mags and fancy adverts.
Surely it should be ‘follow the flock?’ :grin:

TroutFisher
Great Britain

Unread post by TroutFisher »

Jonty2547 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:27 pm ............and most often cars are sold at a loss (although there is plenty of back end money and discounts available).
Interesting. If what you say is true, please explain to me how the system works so that new cars are always available to buy? If no profit, how does the system continue?