NVA Cube 2 review

All things NVA
Quarknosis

NVA Cube 2 review

Unread post by Quarknosis »

I could talk about how, when I put the Cube 2s in place I got better image depth, instrumental decay and tone with these speakers. Cymbals are more realistic and the musical space seems to be filled out more compared to the Cubettes, bringing greater coherence to a performance. Positions of instruments within the soundstage are more solid and natural. When I first started listening to the Cube 2s bass seemed a little bit deeper and really tuneful, but the bass has a knack of creeping up on you when you aren't expecting it, it's there when it needs to be at whatever level is required and I now find that the bass has the ability to go deeper than I first thought since running in. Its not just bass depth though, I am finding it easier to hear what is in the background being played by bass players in jazz trios while accompanying the other players then coming to the fore when soloing.

All of things are true but the best thing about these speakers is that I am enjoying listening to music, really looking forward to getting home and sitting in front of the system in a way that I haven't done for years :grin:
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880