TCS input switching

All things NVA
zebbo
Great Britain

TCS input switching

Unread post by zebbo »

Quick question: The inputs on the TCS are switched in/out with toggle switches. This means that it's possible to have more than one "live" at the same time. Can this cause any issues?? Guess not but I don't know. With a rotary switch it's not possible, obviously.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: TCS input switching

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The switches have better contacts so are better sounding than any rotary switches. As with all NVA Statement product (which is why we refuse to sell them to newbies) they needs some intelligence and understanding. It just does the same as a mixing desk but a pointless exercise.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Aye, I didn't want to try it, I just wanted to know if I need to make sure I avoid it happening.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

It is harmless. Unless the two thing being put in contact with each other are electrically incompatible - highly improbable.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Cool, ta.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

This has given me an idea :dance:

Best call the fire engine now :grin:
DIY FREE ZONE