BBCubes

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: BBC(ubes)

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Second one will be delayed, discovered I need to give the internal lining more time to dry before putting 12 incher in, but I wanted music from it. Anyway over night the fumes from the glues warped the surround on the 12 incher luckily getting it out it has gone back to correct shape.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

The glue made the vinyl wrap on my MS902S bubble in one place. Not a problem as i was gonna recover them any way. One of the biggest head aches i ever had was from being high on bison kit.
DIY FREE ZONE

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

I JUST about got away with getting the 8 inch driver CubixPro into the lounge, (well two sections anyway), there is absolutely NO way I'd get away with those buggers! :lol: :lol:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

montechristo358
Great Britain

Unread post by montechristo358 »

Doc,

Was there any reason you chose the the 12" up firing and the 8" side firing, from a sound point of view, or was it just more practical from a build perspective?
Bedroom Rig
PiCorePlayer Squeezebox clone, Allo Boss Dac, NVA AP10H with Stepped Attenuator upgrade and external PSU, Audioquest Nightowl Cans, NVA mini BMU

Office Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DIGI+, NVA SSP Digital, Arcam AV9. NVA SSC, NVA AP10P, NVA LS5, NVA Cubettes, NVA Mini BMU

Kitchen Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DAC+, NVA SSC, NVA P50, Project AMPBox, Sonance Ceiling Speakers

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

!2 inch up, 5.5 inch outward, tweeter front. We have done it before but with 8 inch up so it is nothing new.

The only new thing is the size of the cube because of 12 inch driver and the first use of the Doc Mod 12 incher in NVA production.

montechristo358
Great Britain

Unread post by montechristo358 »

thanks Doc, just wondered if there was any reason driving (no pun intended) having the 12" up and mid sideways rather than vice versa
Bedroom Rig
PiCorePlayer Squeezebox clone, Allo Boss Dac, NVA AP10H with Stepped Attenuator upgrade and external PSU, Audioquest Nightowl Cans, NVA mini BMU

Office Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DIGI+, NVA SSP Digital, Arcam AV9. NVA SSC, NVA AP10P, NVA LS5, NVA Cubettes, NVA Mini BMU

Kitchen Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DAC+, NVA SSC, NVA P50, Project AMPBox, Sonance Ceiling Speakers

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Yes = music, you hear it then you know. I have explained top bass drivers before and why they work better, it is in the archive.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Found this with quick search, loads of inf in archive.

"Upward firing in order to couple the acoustic to the driver and put low frequency in phase with its drive into the floor, as opposed to 90deg phase shift with normal speakers."

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Tell you something with these... if you love the smaller ones, just DON'T get a listen to these as you'll want them regardless, size, expense or not. 12" bass units done right have a presence without boom and a clarity of timbres in the bass (keyboard synth vs direct injected bass guitar vs acoustic bass as an extreme example), that you just don't get with a smaller box, sealed up or not.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Dave had a good listen to them yesterday.