Forums and NVA

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Forums and NVA

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

There seems to be perfectly good reason why NVA has problems on forums, they try to shift the blame on to me and my honesty about the industry, but I am beginning to see it differently.

At least AoS is honest in its admission if not the process. Marco states he wants to stop any sales of NVA being generated by his forum, even if he has to impose Nazi like censorship to ensure it.

PFM is very similar but not official but any post about nva mostly removed especially if it involves praise.

Wigwam, I avoided any form of promotion because I knew that at least some of the mods were of the same mind to block me. They seem to have won.

Other forums have no interest in all this nonsense, and Audio Talk even faced down an attempt to troll the forum to pieces to try and block me - didn't work.

The problem they face is if anyone gets to try NVA in their system then on current figures well over 90% buy it, that is quite definitely not true of ANY other product. This is because of price and musical quality. Where as because of price and musical quality the rest of the industry is scared shitless of us, well not so much us as we are too small, but the principles in the way we operate and do business. If others joined us most of the middlemen would lose their slurp, and for me that is what is behind this attempted isolation.

So in the future anyway I can I will get stuff into peoples systems, try to make it that they cannot resist to try it. Even if that involves loss leaders and exceptional bargains, as I know once it is there it will stick, and I will make my living from the upgrades.

It will be targeted as I see different products being promoted at intervals, and hopefully lots of trade ins to give bargains as well. If I target a product range, like the one on the 20th for interconnect cables, I can buy components at a better rate, and make production runs instead of build to order which is always faster and more cost effective, so it will be this extra profit margin that will be passed back to you as discount.

Obviously I cannot predict when we will do this on which products, so some may feel cut out of the bargain if they buy normally. Just have a moan at me, all situations are different, and time since sale will come into it, BUT If I feel you have unfairly missed out on a bargain I will compensate.

setting son
Been thanked: 0

Re: Forums and NVA

Unread post by setting son »

All seems extremely reasonable, Doc. Good stuff.

Latteman
Great Britain

Unread post by Latteman »

Excellent plan
Analogue Source -
Denon DP47f- Ortofon mc20 supreme
Ifi Zen Phono
Doug Self balanced Pre amp
Akai 4000DS mk2 R2R
Digital Sources- IfI stream, Ifi Neo idsd Dac; Tidal / Radio Paradise
Amplification Nva 30vdc mono blocks
Speakers Lii Audio F-15 in Open Baffle; Ls6
Weiduka AC8.8- for digital sources
Mini BMU for analog sources

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Well Doc, thanks for letting me do the nva amp board diy thing. I dont think i would have changed from Avondale otherwise. Would still have had my ap20 in my second system though. Planning on getting the other four channels up and running before spring. As a diy nut the nva amp boards were a perfect solution for me - the hard part was done for me and i still get to mess about with psu's, wiring and interfaces.
DIY FREE ZONE

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

It's great that Doc trusts us (his loyal customers) enough to work on DIY projects.

Top man!

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Yes but you have tried so now you know! The big challenge is to get people to try, as we are attempted to be blocked in every direction for people to find out about us.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Do you ever ask customers how they got to know about nva ? It would be interesting to know how many found you through forums . Are forums really that influential in the grand scheme of things ? There must be a lot more sound reproduction enthusiasts (cant bring myself to say the word h*fi) who dont bother with forums never mind post like us saddo's :whistle:
DIY FREE ZONE

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unless someone comes across me on ebay and takes a chance, and that then has to be a price incentive, there is no other way for people to find us. So they try and turn nva into a fire risk, or badly made cheap plastic trash, or all the other libel that has been created about nva, or turn me into a monster - serves the same purpose, to try destroy nva credibility - it is as plain as the nose on your face what is happening.

setting son
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by setting son »

Old school sales technique would have you believe that ‘people buy from people’, business is done on the golf course and all the other relics. Truth be told, nobody has time for that shite anymore. We are all our own secretaries these days.

I have dealt with the Doc for donkeys years - long term NVA user (when TIS was an amp and TES was a CDP). I have and still do find him to be an irascible fella. A very smart, endearing but irascible fella (Nadia must have the patience of a saint, apart from making great coffee). I buy the hifi kit that best meets my musical requirements, not because I like the salesman/designer/stand girl.

A 90% take up from demo is astonishing. And testament to the Docs designs.

Stemcor1990
Great Britain

Unread post by Stemcor1990 »

I’ll break the ice on Karatestu’s post.

I had a Rega P9 with a Rega phono into a Teddy Pardo pre/power. Thought I would try a NVA phono 1 on the basis of return if not satisfied. Currently running one of 2 Pioneer PL71s into a phono 2 with a BBPSU then a PSA90 and the stereo statement amp into a pair of cube 3s. I spent far too long chasing the Naim thing and was perfectly happy with the Teddy until I gave the Doc a chance......