THE AUDIO SHOW

All things NVA
wiicrackpot
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: THE AUDIO SHOW

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:52 am Stop it! he thinks he is my boss already :mrgreen:

He is not in this week, I will have to do some work - ho-hum :cry:
Well there's your man for taking over NVA if and when you decide to step back. ;)
Frank...made me do it.

Simon Hickie

Unread post by Simon Hickie »

Yes, good show overall. I concur with the G Point room observations. Unlike the Audio Nec people, they were prepared to play music that I liked.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I was getting definitely better sound here than at the NW show which was very disappointing that I put down to poor mains. As everyone fired up there it went from OK to Hmmm don't like this. Here it didn't happen and started at a higher level of fidelity and maintained it just about. Maybe because we were out on a limb in the hotel. But a major factor was the quality of the mains at that hotel, maybe because they were in fields miles away from any sizeable housing or industry. You could put your ear to the big amps and especially the BMU and not a sound. Yet and this was interesting we swopped the BMU in and out and the change in SQ was apparent to everyone. We nearly sold it at the end of the show, but I have no card reader.

It seems we still had people, a couple have spoken on other forums, who couldn't cope with the different presentation of the Cubes, being semi omni. If all you have ever used is point and squirt (point source) it takes some adjustment, and a lot of people are so closed minded or see themselves as Golden Ears who have to be right. They seemed to prefer rooms I hated so there is a definite dichotomy going on. It was noticeable that non forum Golden Ears listeners got it straight away, especially the wives, with comment that it is just so much more natural.

David Brook
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by David Brook »

The people who came in my room who had been in the NVA room said it sounded fine/great, not one said it was shite.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: MCRU