THE AUDIO SHOW

All things NVA
Simon Hickie
Has thanked: 0

Re: THE AUDIO SHOW

Unread post by Simon Hickie »

Hi Stu. Pretty good thanks. I've been heavily into photography mode for months and haven't even listened to the system in nearly six months! No doubt with the darker evenings now, thoughts may turn to music & hifi.

In order to remain on topic, one of my main motivations for going to shows like these is (a) to hear how my music sounds on other systems and more importantly (b) to hear some new music. It's great to have DBH there and NVA represented too. I might even be 'encouraged' to ditch the valve amp and go with NVA amplification. No doubt there will be too many rooms where the systems will be too 'hifi' as opposed to being musical and others that make your ears bleed after 30 seconds. My modified Allison Sixes were favourably regarded at my last music night, so NVA amplification may be the next step.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Better lift that mattress and take a shed load of cash to buy some of docs dem gear with 20% off

:happy-bouncymagenta:
DIY FREE ZONE

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Go to the furthest quietest spot in the show far end of the corridor on the first floor. So far sound/music better than NW show, I think we have less mains pollution and noise pollution up here out of the way. I would much prefer less people finding us than to put up with the noise and hassle and crowds downstairs - good choice, come to us to relax and listen to music. Nick (Lurcher) is next (opposite) to us so definitely the best music is at the end of the show.

Starter system.

A70/P90sa/Cube2/SSP/LS6

Some eeediot!

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Room full most of the time and good people, better quality visitor than NW show.

Pianist~Envy
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by Pianist~Envy »

:epopc:
"Simplicity is the final achievement. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." ~ Frederic Chopin

Amps/cables: NVA P50sa (48 step), A40 mk3, LS6, SSP
Digi/source: ARCAM CDS50
PaS: Troels Gravesen Scanspeak Discovery 3-Way Classic (homemade)

Music lover and piano dork.

keepitsimplestupid
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by keepitsimplestupid »

That was a decent show today, small but perfectly formed. I think it'll pick up in terms of visitors and exhibitors next year.

The standard of audio on demo seemed pretty high with a few stand outs. Best of the show for me was the G-point room by the main entrance, but to be fair with the money playing in that room in should have been good. One of the staff spoiled it by talking bollocks about the little metal chunks he had on the walls. Apparently it was unlistenable before they placed on the walls. Idiot.

It was all sounding good upstairs, no Swiss jazz this time. I checked into the Doc's room just in time to catch some Fado (ish) being played, very nice.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Should have said hello.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Thanks to Savvy for helping us out, between the three of us we had good music, a laugh, and good company, and a hi-fi show as the excuse. We had fun with the badges as Savvypaul and Boy Friday both enjoyed the expressions as people stared at their badges. Seriously though I would really have struggled without them, the help was much appreciated, I am getting bloody old sadly.
:text-thankyoublue:

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Good times.

Boy Friday is the man...well impressed.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew