NVA Phono 2

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: NVA2

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Ad hom now removed Classic. i didn't notice it.

Somethingfunny
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Somethingfunny »

Classicrock wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:13 pm
Somethingfunny wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:49 pm
Classicrock wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:09 pm Ironically the Phono 2 is the most 'valve like' solid state stage I have heard without the inconvenience and expense of tube replacement. "It reproduces music as 'accurately' as I can possibly tell irrespective of how it measures" and what components are used. Therefore Firebottle's 'review' comes over as a rather silly attempt to push his own product.
EDIT - ad hominem so removed

"It reproduces music as 'accurately' as I can possibly tell irrespective of how it measures" and what components are used"

This is a nonsense. There is nothing on offer here but an opinion and there is no substance to hold this against whereas the measurements are easy to prove or disprove by further measurement. .

Likely, the degradation of one's hearing by age can only hinder the assesment of any equipment. Measurements are the only way of knowing for sure.
It's an opinion based on owning and extensive listening. I didn't like the tone of Firebottle's so called review as he didn't say why he preferred his own product and made illusions as to inaccuracy. What I'm saying is if it sounds good I am not overly worried about measurements and if it sounds good it probably measures well enough. Perhaps you would like to withdraw the Ad homm in your post pertaining to ass licking and my hearing. My hearing is still quite fine by the way in as much as ability to hear differences in hi-fi components.
"What I'm saying is if it sounds good I am not overly worried about measurements"

This I can accept as a truth and I agree that measurements aren't everything. I think the "Tone" of the post was fine but probably I'll advised to put his opinion on this page.

"if it sounds good it probably measures well enough" this is a vague generalism and again, holds no weight to fact.

ADMIN EDIT - removed. let it drop.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

You are wrong and let it go. Ad Hominem is not allowed under our rules nor is questioning admin decisions publicly. So your last post will be removed as well.

I am fed up of explaining our rules if you want to be a member here then you should read them and abide by them. Perhaps someone with some time can explain to him.

So far I have not applied any strikes but if you continue they will come. Three strikes and out like baseball.

Somethingfunny

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:41 pm You are wrong and let it go. Ad Hominem is not allowed under our rules nor is questioning admin decisions publicly. So your last post will be removed as well.

I am fed up of explaining our rules if you want to be a member here then you should read them and abide by them. Perhaps someone with some time can explain to him.

So far I have not applied any strikes but if you continue they will come. Three strikes and out like baseball.
I have read rules but I must misunderstand the Ad-hominem rule. Apologies if it upset someone. It wasn't an intention of mine.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:41 pm Perhaps someone with some time can explain to him.
The phrase (now removed) that was used by 'Somethingfunny' was ad-hominem because it appeared to attack the motive and character of the member (classicrock) rather than address the arguments being made.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Firebottle

Unread post by Firebottle »

Somethingfunny wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:20 pm I think the "Tone" of the post was fine but probably I'll advised to put his opinion on this page.
Funnily enough I have put my opinion on the page, expressing my preferences, but they have been removed.

I will repeat I have also said the NVA2 is a good stage.

Somethingfunny

savvypaul wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:19 pm
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:41 pm Perhaps someone with some time can explain to him.
The phrase (now removed) that was used by 'Somethingfunny' was ad-hominem because it appeared to attack the motive and character of the member (classicrock) rather than address the arguments being made.
The interpretation was correct that it was a comment on the motive of the post so if this is how Ad-hominem is implemented here, it is correct.

I see it.

Thank you SavvyP

Somethingfunny

Firebottle wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:30 am
Somethingfunny wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:20 pm I think the "Tone" of the post was fine but probably I'll advised to put his opinion on this page.
Funnily enough I have put my opinion on the page, expressing my preferences, but they have been removed.

I will repeat I have also said the NVA2 is a good stage.
Hello Firebottle,

I can only say that your decision to post your suggestions here was never going to go well. The motivation behind the decision may have been meant as good for the unit or Doctor, but any criticism such as the resistor values, could only ever be seen as coming from a biased source. You make phonostages, yes? So it "isn't cricket" to do this on the Doctor's forum.

What you said may be 100% correct but the group here will not take kindly to any negative comment.

Where can we read about the frequency response of the units you make? Is there a way?

Comparative analysis would be interesting.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Why the emphasis on measurements? The single factor of any real importance is the musicality of the sound - which can only be judged in a direct physical comparison between different units in a system that will allow both to present themselves in an optimal way.

An impartial, neutral (and dare we hope friendly?) bake-off is the only way to achieve this.

:violence-uzi: :violence-rambo:

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Yet this was conveniently banned from happening by Marco, Macca, Fireybum, Bigboy and AoS in general = ludicrous partiality. If the Stoke bake off had been a properly organised event, and not held in what looked like a Victorian drill hall that needed a PA, and with not deliberately biased comparison of product stoooopidly separated into Solid State and Valve events, with food and drink in between = obvious manipulation.