Statement amps

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Statement amps

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Back in the very early 90's my export market was taking off and most to the Far East. The distributors like the sound but wanted more bling as the USA amp products dominated the bling users. They wanted me to make a statement that no one could ignore, I didn't really want to but if they wanted bling they were going to get it. They got the Mk1 Statement Range, more chrome than a 1955 Buick, in fact entirely chrome. Surprisingly it got rave reviews in the UK and the rest of Europe (didn't mean the dealers bought or sold it as it wasn't Linn or Naim). Me, well I was somewhat embarrassed by them. Since then I have been slowly de-blinging them, via mk2, mk3, and now with mk4 they are back to a black box, and sound better for it. I will still call them the Statement Range, as for music they are a statement. I have saved some money in case cost which I have invested inside of them.

They are absolutely no compromise with everything that is in the path of the music or the power chain that is not entirely necessary is removed. They take ages to come up to steam, so should be left on so no mains switch you plug them in and leave them on, no LED. 30 kg of massive power supplies. Masses of music, one of these with a set of Cube1s is the equiv of the top set of the Cubix pro, but of course the Cubix Pro is designed as an ultimate upgrade concept through two part to three part.

The original top model and first made in '92 was called The Definitive Statement as a pretentious product deserved a pretentious name, mono blocks that I will still make in this black box form. The stereo amp was called The Second Statement, as that is what it was.

zebbo
Great Britain

Re: Statement amps

Unread post by zebbo »

The lack of the little LED is actually a nice point. I've always left my kit on all the time and previously it looked like Blackpool illuminations at night with all the little lights, (although they were all the same colour at least), but now there's only one on the Phono 3 and I like it that way.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

I quite like NVA's little red LED's. Far better than green in my opinion and certainly better than the the horrid bright blue so fashionable today.

I also think Doc's black and clear acrylic statement range really exude style and good taste, along with no doubt unmatched performance.

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Can we keep this thread to discussion about the statement amps which is the topic. Start other threads if you wish to discuss other products.