NVA specs

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

NVA specs

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I don't publish any (well hardly), they are of no use to you, the only useful thing for you is your ears. I publish the minimum I can get away with, not because they are bad but because they are ALL bullshit, even power ones in Watts, you don't know what you are reading or how it is measured and what is being measured. I can assure there is no reality in it which is why a so called 5w single ended valve amp can go so loud, way beyond what most people expect. Because the specs are bullshit marketing like everything else that has come to dominate our hobby.

We should be dominated by music, instead we are dominated by objective and subjective marketing bullshit and bollocks. Which has led to masses of grossly overpriced slurp.

SO DON'T ASK ME FOR ANY.

zebbo
Great Britain

Re: NVA specs

Unread post by zebbo »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
People often ask me about specs and can't believe it when I say that I neither know nor care!
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

The thread title made me think you were making spectacles now Doc :lol: :lol: The cleanest lenses (windows) and no added filters :guiness; Made of acrylic of course and bison kit. :dance:
DIY FREE ZONE

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

karatestu wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:22 pm The thread title made me think you were making spectacles now Doc :lol: :lol: The cleanest lenses (windows) and no added filters :guiness; Made of acrylic of course and bison kit. :dance:
The most misleading thread title was yours, Kiss. I really thought it was about a band I like. :lol:
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Vote for the most stupid pointless spec.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

CN211276 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:36 pm
karatestu wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:22 pm The thread title made me think you were making spectacles now Doc :lol: :lol: The cleanest lenses (windows) and no added filters :guiness; Made of acrylic of course and bison kit. :dance:
The most misleading thread title was yours, Kiss. I really thought it was about a band I like. :lol:
Good point but i did put it in general audio :grin:

I refer you to Doc's answer on the KISS thread ..........

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:26 pm

Band !! more like a loud Pantomime Act

Sorry, couldn't resist :grin:
DIY FREE ZONE

wiicrackpot
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

There's a thought Stu, if NVA was built on foo marketing, a pair of lensless spec frames could be included on the top of packing,
together with a literature to educate/brainwash the prospective buyer NVA give you the cleanest sound,
like putting on and looking through those lensless specs, it wouldn't add much to the cost either,
you can get these cheapo NHS style frames from China for tuppence ha'penny. :mrgreen:
Frank...made me do it.

Rectified
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Rectified »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:00 pm I don't publish any (well hardly), they are of no use to you, the only useful thing for you is your ears.
100% Agree. Ive mentioned all this earlier on.

:clap:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

It takes some balls to sell without specs most equipment is sold via the specs , despite they being meaningless drivel.

tweet_my_ribbon

Unread post by tweet_my_ribbon »

I too have been convinced in the past of the superior quality of hi-fi components because of specs. If only I'd trusted my ears more back then.
Since selling my hi fi years ago but keeping most of my music, it is the music itself that rules.
NVA amps, speakers, interconnects & speaker cables produce the music.

With help from Technics, Audio Technica, Jelco, Hana, Musical Fidelity, Sony, Cyrus & Soneteer.